possible 521 door seal hookup

datsunfish

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose this could make a faq or how to after I actually get it completely nailed down.I have decided to go with the previous seal I was using.It is not as nice as this one but at least you can use the threshold trim.

I guess it would be nice to know who cares if they have to modify or not use the threshold trim.I will snap some more pics today to show the current dilema.

• 3 weeks later...

I have not abandoned this quest.The last I worked on was the best door seal ever but it does not allow for the bottom threshold trim to mount correctly.Honestly,every car I look at I size up the door and trunk seals for similarity so I can have something to reference.I have gone through a ton of car and truck door seal pics online and all I can say is the 521 is very unique.The actual shape to make it seal is somewhat common but,the shape of the mounting flange area allows the trim to seat into it.The ones I have found are solid and do not have a fold/gap for the trim to seat.You would have to butcher the trim or go without.

If you have no lower trim or it is shot and you just want a good seal I can set you on the right path as far as part #s or ordering and selling it direct.

There are links somewhere and folks who know where to find the actual replacement stuff but it is pretty pricey.My effort is to make it economical and easy to get.I will continue to work on this as long as I own a 521.Which will be forever.:fu:

• 7 months later...