FS: VA: Restored 1973 Datsun 240z

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

still for sale eh??? whats up with the floorboards? where those front rods connect to the subframe it looks sketchy!!! this car should have sold within a week! i think your gonna be holding onto this car for awhile, good luck

Which picture are you referring too?? :huh: Sketchy? This car is not sketchy one bit. If anything, I'm prob. one of the most honest sellers out there. I'm not trying to hide anything and I'm always willing to go out of my way to take pictures or videos. In fact, I had a friend take pictures of the car today after a nice cruise. I'm planning to post them up soon once I get them.

My guess is to why it hasn't sold yet is because of the time of year and economy. There aren't a lot of buyers looking for a car during the winter, but that doesn't mean I won't give up trying. You never know who might come along. I honestly don't mind holding on to the car. I think it could go to a better home where it will be driven and more appreciated. I'm in no position to where I need to sell it...it could be months before I sell it. That doesn't bother me a bit, since I still like to drive and enjoy the car when I have the time. When a buyer comes along, then I'll sell it.

This car is very nice, but if I was interested in a restored car, these would be my problem areams with the car and with your asking price:

1) Wheels are upgrades, but if I was looking for a restored vehicle, I would want the original wheels.

2) The shift knob is not the original or a reproduction of the replica. The original 3rd and 4th gears were further from neutral than 1st and 2nd on the knobs.

3) No rails on bumpers

4) Center console is not original or a reproduction of the original, although it is very cool.

5) Not the original antenna

6) Not original style exhaust tip

7) (this could be a good or bad thing, depending on the buyer) Has original flat top carbs which are loaded with smog crap and very undesireable.

8) No original rubber Datsun floor mats

9) No original stereo

Other than that, that car is freaking beautiful man. Im not trying to knock on your car, just pointing out what someone willing to pay that price will look for. It could be that im just a ratsun member, making me a cheap ass haha.

^^ No harm done :) I always look for honest opinions.

I mean if everything on the car was original, I would see that being fully restored and going for like $14-15k. Like I said though, mine is somewhere about 85-90% restored and I am negotiable on the price.

Some people I don't think would mind the wheels and exhaust tips; some like the upgrades. I stuck with the Konig's because they are very popular among other S30 Z's and they are very similar to the JDM Watanabe rims on the 432 Fairlady Z(a lot better the the American Racing outlaw II's the owner I bought it from had). Aside from that though, most of the others things are not that major. I do have a pair of '72 Carbs that come with the car, and like you said, that's more up to the buyer if they want to put those on.

Most of the more expensive work on the car is done. It's practically rust free, runs great, exterior(paint, emblems, body panels) and interior are in great shape. So that's why I listed it at the price. I have some who disagree with the price and that's ok, and then I have some who think it's fair(although they don't have the funds to buy it).

I'm open for offers though. It would take a long while for full asking price to be met(and I may lower it eventually), but I just don't want people coming up with offers at like $4000, because I know that's just not what the car is worth. They need to be at least reasonable offers please. ;)

Reducing the price to $10,000 for the winter season.

If it doesn't sell by the end of the year, I won't be bumping this anymore. It'll still be for sale, but I will be working on it and fixing the minor problems it has. After that in the spring I'll bump it back up, but the price will go up a little bit from what it is now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.