FS: '91 Explorer, $2500 OBO

Alright, sorry if this is in the wrong forum or whatnot, but I got another car recently, and what with the Datsun I don't have space for this truck, so it's gotta go.

Basically, it's a 1991 Ford Explorer XL 4x4. Four door, automatic transmission, manual transfer case/hubs. Light blue exterior on blue interior. Privacy tint all around.

The Good: It's been in the family since new, and it's only got about 165,000 kms. No rust, yearly tune-ups, and I've only used full synthetic oil + K&N oil filters. It got a new Magnaflow muffler a year ago, along with polyurethane radius arm bushings and a K&N air filter.

The Bad: The starter grinds for a second after startup, the exhaust system needs to be tightened, and I have no idea if the A/C works. I was told it was rebuilt a year and a half ago, but when I replaced the serpentine belt a while back I got the non-A/C one and just haven't gotten around to getting the proper one, so I've never used it.

The Ugly: It's got a few marks/scratches in the paint and a couple dents, but nothing major. The driver's side floormat is a little worn from all my driving. The original passenger's side taillight has a penny-sized hole in the lens, but it's never affected the light. The grab handles/arm rests on both the passenger's side doors aren't fully attached to the door panel.

The Misc: I carry a lot of gear in the back of the truck all the time, and the original plastic panels took up a lot of room, so I removed the rear panels from both sides, as well as the carpet, in order to free up some room. The taillights have also been replaced with mostly clear lenses. I have all the original panels, as well as the taillights, stored in my garage. I put in an aftermarket sound-system that I'm keeping, so I'll be replacing that with the original stereo right before I sell it. But, seeing as I have to do the work anyways, if the buyer wants to give me the replacement components I'll gladly put those in instead. I also have another set of rims and 31" tires that I'd intended to mount some time ago but never got around to.

I can't really think of anything else, but if you've got questions feel free to ask. Again, this is $2500, or best offer, so try me. I'll try to post pictures tommorow, although they may be crappy cellphone ones.

Forgot to mention that I've got the majority of the reciepts for all the work ever done to it, so I'll throw all those in as well.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic