Transmission woos

lancekilgore

So here is the update, first gear is gone in the 5 speed tranny I bought off Ebay, got another 5 speed from junk yard with the reverse gone and gave both to my friendly transmission rebiulder to see if he can make one out of two, calls back and say no can do, (gears are different) he will try to get the parts I need but so far no luck. So I should have left it all alone and left the orignal engine and 4 speed in and been happy.

NOOOO now I have the 5 speed bug (it was so much nicer than the 4 speed). and still awaiting the correct exhaust gasket. My Tacoma is happy I put more miles on her in a week than I did in 6 months, stil job hunting, (found out xmas time is a bad time to loose a job and even worst to find another)

Life goes on and I guess one day I'll get the datsun back on the road, certanly miss her.

Happy NEW YEAR ALL

Lance

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

stil job hunting, (found out xmas time is a bad time to loose a job and even worst to find another)

I hear that (still looking for a job myself). The only bennifit of the holidays is when your friends step dad is someone that hires for the company you are looking into joining! Good luck with the tranny issues and the job hunt. I wish I could help you with either of them but as I am in the same boat for the first and know NOTHING about trannys I am of no help. Take care man.