Naps-Z water pumps?

Spades

Ok, so the water pump that came with my new Z24 engine had bearing noise right out of the box, so I spent the 4 hours it takes to pull the radiator and the front of my car apart to get to the water pump this Saturday.

Now the GMB one I just bought is making noise as well, and I have driven the car maybe 4 miles. The belt was kept loose enough that you can turn the V belt completely 360 degrees when the alternator is cinched down, and still they are having problems. By the time I loosen the belts up enough to get rid of the loud bearing racket, the belt slips on the alternator.

Are all the Japanese water pumps except Nissan junk? I have been staying away from the chinese stuff, but I am starting to think that the Japanese stuff is just as bad or worse...

Am I just having bad luck? I can swap the GMB one out for another new GMB one, but since I didn't keep the box, I can't get my money back and just buy a Nissan one...however I am getting sick of my wasted hours on this bull shit...I am considering eating the GMB and buying a Nissan one cause I am getting sick of taking the nose of my Datsun apart.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic