HELP temp switch wire gone... where is it?

ok guys... 86.5 D21(Z24) block in a 720.when puting in my new eng and twin fans the dudes really jacked up all my wiring.... they used my OG temp switch for the temp sencer to turn on the fans and cut out all the old wires.so my temp gauage dosnt work.i have 3k in the rebuilt eng and i just dont want to rely on the fans to do there job. i want to see what shes doing and i dont want another gauage just hanging under the dash or glove box.

so if u can tell me or pic of where it gose and what color it is would be a killer help to me. im tryin to fix this wiring nightmare!!! they ran all diff colors of wire and taped it all up....

thank you thank in advance.0714101646.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

0714101646.jpg

That opening in the intake is for the Thermal Vacuum Valve (T V V). The temperature sender for the dash gauge is on the intake directly below the thermostat cover... the thing with the two bolts and the rad hose on it. The sender is likely still there or they would only have to plug the hole. It has a spade type connector on it and usually a Yellow/Black stripe wire going to it.