620 Door adjustment

I searched and couldn't find anything.so here goes.

Is there a way to adjust the doors in? My left door sticks out at the bottom about 1/4" on the front . It sticks out over the rocker. I can adjust them back and forth.

The cab is a 73 and the door is a 77 if that matters. BTW,what is that thing on the door hinge that looks like a knurled knob? I turned it and nothing seemed to happen.

Anybody?

Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen the hinges on your vehicle but on just about every door I've adjusted you would need to loosen the hinge on the door side and while the door is open (obviously) you would pull the bottom of the door towards you as your kneeling between the door and the vehicle. Just a tad bit...Then tighten it back up and check. Sometimes you might have to slightly loosen the top hinge too so you don't create binding between the 2 hinges. Don't loosen them so much that things get wobbly. Just enough to move the dooe with a lil bit of effort. Otherwise you may really mess up your door alignment.

There are other ways to adjust doors too but we'll start with easy and if that doesn't work I can explain something more drastic...

I'm not sure what the knurled thingy is but I'd guess that it's either a tumbler of sorts that rides on a spring that holds the door open when it's opened wide enough or perhaps it's part of the hinge pin? Got pics of the offending hinges?