Here's the plan

So.....all of a sudden my Z24 with 32/36 DGEV seems to be dieseling a bit....power of suggestion I guess :huh:. It seems of few people have been talking about this lately. :lol: Who would of thunk

Anywho..... I can 'deal' (idle, timing, temp) with the dieseling....but I though I would buy the Weber anti dieseling solenoid (45 bucks delivered) and hook it up (also) to my stock 720 wiring. The solenoid is placed in the primary circuit on both Weber and Hitachi carbs.....correct? So......in theory the Weber solenoid will have power shut off when the vacuum switches and boost control valve sense a change in engine vacuum on deceleration....thus saving fuel. Most people don't run it through the 720 IC circuit because of the removal of the stock air cleaner........and ....well....other than that I don't know why :D

I already converted my stock air cleaner to fit the Weber......now I just have to add a fitting (in pic)inside the base of the cleaner, the OE was cut out on the conversion. Then... just reconnect the 2 vacuum hoses to the IM&air cleaner and remount the switches etc.

In theory.

7.jpg

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic