i it to much

hi im new to the site but not new to nissan/datsun i recently aquired a clean little datsun 620 that has the l20b in it it had side draft when i got it but long story short i had to get another carb i have a weber now and it has a electric mr gasket fuel pump would it be sending to much fuel to the carb it starts but will not stay running like its not getting any fuel

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe.. the weber 32/36 only needs about 3lbs of fuel pressure, any more than that and it will be flooding. Another thing, did you buy the weber brand new or used? Something could be in there clogging it up. Lots or possibilities here.

so when you run the motor with the weber, does it smell like gas? another thing to think about. you have to make sure that your carb is on tight. no air leaks. i didnt, and mine was sucking in air and backfiring and running like shit, when/if it did run.

its kinda hard to explain its on the top and has a pin that goes in with a rubber boot on it 2 srews hold it down has spring inside so if your looking at the carb little gas window its on the top to the left rod comming out a arm hooks to it 2 screws hold it down gas seeps out of it

well the first weber i got i dont think it was sending gas to the jets cuz when i had the key and fuel put on and opened the jets no gas squirted in it should since its a n electric fuel pump right so since i thought i wasnt getting gas i took the previous weber back and he gave me another to try im gonna try in the morning hopefully i get fuel and not to much