Sunny 210/310 Suspension Compatibility?

I own a 1980 Sunny 210/310 and was wondering what suspension, whether or not from another datsun/nissan or even a toyota, is compatible? I'm a bit of a Corolla Freak and was thinking about swapping the front suspension and rear springs for that of an AE86... is it possible (before I actually try it out)? Anymore info is greatly appreciated.

Oh and by any chance, what are the gear ratios on the rear differential? Will it hold extra power?

Thanks guys!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 210/310 suspension in my 1200. That's a good upgrade for a 1200, but I want adjustable camber and caster, so I'm thinking about making some changes. My car has AE86 everything else, so like you I'm inclined to figure out how to use AE86 stuff. I guess we're in the same boat. I recently picked up some 280ZX struts too, but I dunno, they seem heavy. We'll see...

well, i know that the ae86 and 210/310 suspension setup are really similar, just got through putting in a ka24de in my 81 210 coupe, ill let you know how the rear end holds up as i will be test running it for the first time next week! i think that the rearend is probably gonna be sufficient up to 200 horse.....we shall see!!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! Good luck with that rear! BTW guys, the AE86 struts are very similar. I was trying it out, but the holes where you bolt the strut down wouldn't match up since the AE86's are 1/16th of an inch farther than that of a 210/310, so some slight modification on this lil bad boy will need to be made (circled)

125ycd.jpg

or try swapping it from an AE86, which is the one from the pic. I haven't done so due to insufficient funds and because I want to drive the car ASAP, but as soon as I get the money it's definitely something I gotta do! Also, datsunfreak mentioned that a 280z struts will fit, but there' so much for AE86's out there like FC7 Caliper kits and what not (plus I'm so familiar with them), but it's all up to you guys to decide. I'll definitely keep you guys posted if I go through with the swap.