240z Gas tank

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if the rust isnt to bad, and hell even if it is. rust in the tank isnt that hard to fix.

if its just light rust, surface rust you can do what i did and buy http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POR-15-Fuel-Tank-Sealer-STOPS-Rust-Corrosion-GAS-LEAKS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19bbeff592QQitemZ110527247762QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools put it in the tank, shake the tank around for like 10 mins then let it drain for like 30mins. then set it out to dry for 3 days.then reinstall

if it has chunks of rust but no holes in the tank all you have to do is drop like a bike chain in there with some metal wash (made by same people like $15 on ebay) roll it around for 30min. then use metal readdy (another $15 on ebay). then use the same por-15 gas tank rust stuff from ebay as i listed befor. Its real easy

Thanks I will have him look into that. That stuff is pretty expensive... and when your talking all 3 thats like 65 bucks plus shipping. I would like to think someone has a rust or almost rust free tank around for less than that. But if not, he has a fix. Thanks again skunk.

-Denk

you can use any tank from 70-73 240z, 74 260z and 75-76 280z.

if you get one from a 280 just make sure to get the straps for it.

I run a 75-76 tank in mine b/c there baffled tanks and youl need one for EFI.

• 1 year later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.