Fisch needs a 320 hood latch

Hey guys this is pretty much a repost from my build thread, but I need a hood latch for the '59! Both parts of mine are MIA, and the cable is toast. However I have a pretty good suspicion that the latch system for a 320 will be a direct match. So if I can confirm it, and someone has one for sale, I am in! (Cash will work, but if you are up for a trade for one of my Datsun prints, I am down with that for sure!)

Here are some photos of the '59. The thing to note is that the spacing between mounting holes (to the outside of the holes) is 2 1/2". Not sure if it is the same on a 320, but I'd bet it is! Can someone confirm it for me! I will be your best friend!

Upper Spot.

IMG_1844.jpg

Lower Spot.

IMG_1843.jpg

Here is the bottom of a 320. Look at the oval shape of the unit and then look at the spot for it in the photo above. There is a faint oval there too. Really makes me think it is a match!

nl320engine_bay.jpg

I can find no photos of the upper latch on the hood of a 320, if anyone has one or can take one, (And measure it too!) I will be your best friend too!

So I need to buy one if it fits! Thanks guys!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got one here for you Fischie.

I'm about to head out of town (PA) for the weekend, but when I get back I'll pull it for you.

Shoot me an email reminder? I'm ass-deep in 5 different projects. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.