Denver Area People

OG lil E

Alright yall...here goes! :D

Golden Super Cruise is this coming Saturday... :cool:

Drive up I25 to 6th...take a west...drive to Indiana exit...take a north..follow it passed Colfax Ave to where it turns into Golden Road...proceed west until the top of the hill at the Sonic...then START CRUISIN!!!

There you go Bob! :P

Hope to see a bunch of folks with imports up there this weekend :cool:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope to see a bunch of folks with imports up there this weekend :cool:

Me and Mitch will be there early. Also, our friend Dave is bringing his 720 up later this evening. It will be the first Super Cruise for his truck.

Wish we could find more people around these parts to hang out with, but mini truckers are scarce around here. E

5 mini trucks, 5 roadsters, 4 s30's, 1 510 wagon and a '96 impala ss from the springs who has a 240z but isn't done with it yet.

And there was a couple of other s30's rolling around but didn't park with us. One was a 71 or 72 and the other was a faux ferrari.

Yeah...good turn out...next time we nail down a way better parking area! :rolleyes:

Plus the other 521 that was there but didn't stop...the light green one...so thats like 16 Datsuns!!!

Not bad since there have only been like 4 for the last 3 years :cool:

Thanks for hookin it up Darrel...and the rest of you Coloratsun folks...

See you up there in a month...

anyone got any pics? :huh:

Some of the roadster group brought up the idea of going to the cruise before I did so I just let them know the minitrucks go there every month.

Unlike the caddy people, I don't think anyone would want to block off a lot just for us, unless golden realty wanted to let us do that. I don't think that is the spirit of the cruise. The golden realty lot is perfect for the datsun group if some get there early, not to block off the lot, but to at least establish a presence.

Right now, some in the group are thinking about the October cruise, but i will gauge interest a couple weeks before the september cruise.

All I can say is wow! The Datsun folks came out in force on Saturday. I never did any counting, but our little corner parking lot was jam packed. We got up to Golden a little late, so we lost the bigger side of the Golden Realty lot. It won't happen again!

I started taking pictures, but between dodging the weather, talking to tons of people and all the other stuff going on, I only managed to take a few. Hopefully next month I'll get more. But, here's the few I managed to snap...............

Here's the early birds. Mitch is in the middle, Darrel is on the right, and Dave is on the left. Mitch's son Thomas is behind the wheel of Mitch's 720.

DSCN3259.jpg

This is Thomas, Mitch's kid. He is mini-truck krazy already at 10. He talks about getting a 620 Datsun of his own one day.

DSCN3263.jpg

Here's our buddy Darrel, chillin' out in the shade. It was nice to meet you Darrel. Dug your 620! Glad you came out!

DSCN3264.jpg

Here's Dave's '85 720. He just picked it up recently, so he hasn't got a whole lot done yet, but he has big plans.

DSCN3261.jpg

This was the engine in one of the many Z cars that showed up. Things started to get crazy about this time, so I wasn't able to gather much information on the car or who owns it. It was beautiful!

DSCN3266.jpg

This will give you an idea of the number of people that came out. This was early, too. At one point, the lot was so full no more cars could come in, and there was just walking room in between the rides.

DSCN3265.jpg

Here's Mitch's 720, Denveratsun's 521 and Dave's 720 all out in front sealing up the lot. It was good to see you again Denverat. We HAVE to get together and do a mini truck run somewhere--soon, before the snow flies again!

DSCN3267.jpg

Sorry there weren't more pictures. I'll try to take more next time. E

The silver 240z was Daniel (240zman on classiczcars, zmanco on hybridz), it's a turbo engine run with megasquirt.

Make sure to make it out to our track event on sept 11th and don't be shy about asking to go for a ride or two. I will have my 240 out there.

Daniel as well as the green 260z with the 3.1L (gerry) will be there.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up, the colorado wyoming roadster group is planning on coming to the golden cruise. They will come down after a car show in Greeley at Erlichs Nissan(11th yr). If there are any datsun trucks in that area I am sure they would be more than welcome to crash the car show/bbq. I don't know how many roadsters will make it, maybe as many as there were last month, but could be more.

Make sure someone lets the air out the the caddy groups tires so we can have more parking space. ;-D

I would go to that but I will be teching cars for the z club track day the next weekend. I will bring my 240 to the golden cruise after I get done with tech.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone in the Denver area is free on Sunday (tomorrow) the 19th, I'll be racing the truck at Dick's Sporting Goods Park. It's completely free to come spectate, and all are welcome. The racing starts around 9:30 but I won't be running until after noon, probably closer to 1p.m.

0724101453.jpg

Directions...

Dick’s Sporting Goods Park is located at the Southwest corner of the Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Refuge in Commerce City, Colorado.

There are THREE main entrances into Dick’s Sporting Goods Park:

Quebec St. and E. 60th Avenue. (you should use this entrance)

Quebec St. and Prairie Parkway (64th Avenue).

56th Avenue and Valentia Street.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS COMING FROM THE NORTH

If you are traveling south on Interstate 25, exit east onto 270 to Quebec North. Go north to 60th street, then east (right) into the complex.

If you are traveling west on Interstate 76, exit south onto US Highway 6 & 85. Continue south on US Highway 6 & 85 and turn left (east) onto 72nd Avenue. Continue east on 72nd Avenue and turn right (south) onto Quebec Parkway. Continue south on Quebec Parkway and turn east (left) onto 60th Avenue and into event parking.

If you are traveling east on Interstate 270 & south on US Highway 36, exit south onto Vasquez Boulevard and immediately turn left (east) onto 56th Avenue. Turn left (north) onto Quebec Parkway. Turn right (east) onto 60th Avenue and into event parking.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS COMING FROM THE EAST

If you are traveling west on Interstate 70, exit north onto Havana Street. Proceed north on Havana Street. Turn west (left) at 56th Avenue. Turn right (north) onto Quebec Parkway. Turn right (east) onto 60th Avenue and into event parking.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS COMING FROM THE SOUTH

If you are traveling north on Interstate 25, exit east onto Interstate 70. Continue traveling east on Interstate 70, exit north onto Quebec Street. Proceed north on Quebec Street. Turn east (right) 60th Avenue and into event parking.

If you are traveling north on Interstate 225, exit west onto Interstate 70. Proceed west on Interstate 70 and exit north onto Havana Street. Proceed north on Havana Street. Turn west (left) at 56th Avenue. Turn right (north) onto Quebec Parkway. Turn right (east) onto 60th Avenue and into event parking.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS COMING FROM THE WEST

If you are traveling east on Interstate 70, exit north onto Quebec Street. Proceed north on Quebec Street. Turn east (right) 60th Avenue and into event parking.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS COMING FROM DENVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (DIA)

Exit DIA on Pena Boulevard toward Interstate 70. Before you reach Interstate 70 you will exit west onto E. 56th Avenue. Travel on this road for about 10 minutes and you will turn north (right) onto Quebec Parkway (after crossing Valentia Street). Turn right (east) onto 60th Avenue and into event parking.

We will be using lots G & H for our events; course on lot G and paddock and grid on lot H.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah....I wish I coulda made it out to see the race..I love going to the races!!! :cool:

I was supposed to go kick some AZZ so that a couple more folks would make it up to the cruise, but I never got around to it. I talked with Bob yesterday though and he has been way too busy.

Hope the weather holds for November.

Plus, I hear that Littleton Blvd is the spot of another good cruise night on the second Saturday of the month...not sure if its still going on or if theyre done already.

See you up there either way :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...