Need help guys

ok so i got my 77 Datsun extended cab well i have a z22 or 24 not sure which in it but, on the exaust side where the manifold is there is a tube that goes up and then back towards the firewall. i need to know where this goes can i block it off there is exaust fumes coming out of it when started so it gets in the cab it right below on the side of the block so i am just wondering what to do cuz i can find where it goes.I would really appreciate it if u guys could help me cuz i know it goes somewhere well help me plz guys Thanks Cody.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EGR tube? Got a pic?

no i dont have a way to get a pic but that might be it its on like a notch on the side of the block right below the exaust manifold and it looks broke off exaust fumes do come out of it so i just need to know where it goes or can i block it off or what

Doesn't sound like the pcv tube, going up and backwards, not even sure z22/24 have pcv tubes. Could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

edit: Did you swap the motor? A 77 should have a L20 then it would have a pcv tube I think.

Looking at a '77 service manual, the egr tube and pcv tube are both there on the L20

Doesn't sound like the pcv tube, going up and backwards, not even sure z22/24 have pcv tubes. Could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

edit: Did you swap the motor? A 77 should have a L20 then it would have a pcv tube I think.

Looking at a '77 service manual, the egr tube and pcv tube are both there on the L20

Its not a l20b i but this motor in it so trust me its not i just dont know what one it is either the z22 or z24 but anyhow yeah i can not figure out what it is so yeah i but i need the help.