rear suspension issues

mswit209

my rear crossmember bushings are completly gone now i came around a s curve and started sliding like mad right towards a bicyclist. i dont want to do the savage washer trick. but will if i have to. i have searched and searched and cant seem to find any rear crossmember bushings anywhere. does anybody have any idea were i can get some at a reasonable price compared to datsports 150.00 price.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

well got the subframe bushing a while ago and just recently had time to put them on and they feel great. a little bit of noise and vibration in the cab but i think i might have a solution for that. ill test it when i do my diff bushings and ill try my idea then.

i was thinking about taking the stock washer that goes on top of the subframe originally and fliping it and putting it back on. it will lower the front of the cross member a little bit but not enough to affect anything. that washer on one side has a rubber surface and im thinking that it may insulate it just enough to take quite a bit of noise out of the cab.

on a side note... i kept reading up on how people removed the stock bushing. aall i found was people that burned them out then hacksawed the sleeve. well i found another way that works great.

you take a 2 jaw puller and hook the jaws to the outer edges of the cross member. find a suitable plate that is just a hair smaller then the diameter of the bushing. then put a socket on top of that for a spacer. and finally use the puller as a pusher. it took me all of about 10 secs to take out one bushing.

might take you a little longer if you dont have air tools. i did this trick originally with my rear a arm bushings.

yeah and it sure is a lot faster too.

when i do my diff bushings ill use the same technique and try and post some pics as well... im bad about that i just want it done i dont like stopping to take pictures. but ill try to remember.