620 front end and steering stuff

sick620

Ok so check it. My 620 has horrible allignment I mean horrible. Also one of my tie rods has been grounded out and its like half-there in one spot and looks like it wants to snap. I want my truck to drive straight and be safe and so I have decided its probably a good idea to start investing in the steering and suspension. I know very little about all this front end stuff. I need to know where I should start and whats MOST important because I dont have ALOT of money. Should i replace all the things I list below? If not whats most important and where should I start?

Ball joints upper and lower both sides?

tie rod assebly for both sides? (do the tie rod assemblys at say autozone include the ends as well?)

tie rod ends?

lower control arm bushings left and right lower?

Strut Rod Bushing Kit?

Did I miss anything important?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The tie rod assembly should come with the tie rod ends included.

In an ideal situation, you would completely redo the front end, meaning, replace all the steering and suspension parts you have listed. It'll be a couple hundred in parts most likely, but you'll have a tight front end, and the security of knowing it's all new, and you're not worried about "that tie rod end that LOOKED ok..." and decided to cheap out on and not replace "until it REALLY needed it". When it's all new stuff, it all wears at the same time. No trying to remember "which parts did I just replace...?".

Do I think you should get everything on your list? Well, I would.