looking for some input

rpmzzz

Hey I have a 77 280z I just got and its been sitting for about 14yrs got it running and the head gasket is gone. going to rebuild it but was wanting some input I live in Albany ore. I want to build it better than stock without costing a ton I was going to just do the head but after sitting for so long I think I need to take it all apart and look at it and repace all the seals and stuff. Is there a kit someone might know about ?I have another motor and trans if I need them. Also have a parts car if anyone might need something or would like to trade I will post some pic.s When I can take the time and figure out what I'm doing wrong. I don't realy have alot of cash so I would like to know where to spend it to get the most bang for my buck

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fel-pro has the gasket kit covered. i think black dragon auto had a rebuild kit, but it was a tad expensive. if you have a spare l28, use it so you dont need to turn a wrench on the car, then it can be used a reference as well. take it apart and see if new parts are even nessesary, you may be surprize that all you need is a timing chain, oil pump, water pump and gaskets. at most add to that rings and bearings.