How I fell for the datsun

SORRY THIS IS GOING TOO BE LONG WINDED!!

My first car was an 86 Pontiac 6000 and I ended up wrecking it up on the mountain top (off road and drunk) Callahan mt. near Roseburg Or. I only drank and drove on this spot as it was safe.........OR SO I THOUGHT the bad thing was I had 3 friends with me in the car (lesson learned). Every one was ok except one teen and his mother felt it was a lesson learned for both him and me so she was cool about it. My insurance went up too $145.00 though because of the medical claim. The mother wasn't going too file with my insurance at first and was just going too pay for the visit but I insisted it was my fault and she shouldn't have too pay (I take care of my mistakes). Well needless too say I didn't have full coverage so I had too get another car and still pay off my loan.

I thought at the time I was a ford fan (not so much now) and I had too have a ford. I found one and took it up too the fiance company and they said not tell my balance was paid down a bit first. So I had only $300.00 too my name and needed a car. I couldn't find anything except a stupid little rust bucket 620. OH how embarrassing but I needed a car. I was soooooo embarrassed about this truck but I needed too get too school (didn't like bus idea) and too work. So I accepted it and I slowly but surly started too like it after I repaired the floor boards, painted it, added glass pipes (was a kid), and had the high school shop class fix any problems.

Then I listed it for sale and was going too buy a ford. I sold it for $1000.00 and bot me a ford. Well I found I missed my old rat and was not as happy with the ford as I could have been. I wasn't embarrassed just not happy with the fuel economy, handling, and the constant brake downs. So I started trying too find a 360 engine too replace mine and couldn't find one. I was talking too my nabor as he did engine rebuilding and he said he didn't have time. I started too walk off and he said WAIT what are you doing with the 6000? I told him I didn't know and he said $700 as is!!!!!!!!!!! Yes I sold it on the spot and was going too get me a new crate motor I thought.

So I go to the auto parts store and what is parked there but my old rat. The new owner came out and we started talking. He was checking out my ride and I was DIEING over the dent in the old 620....I asked him what happened and he said " OH NOTHING ". I about freaked and he knew I was tripping over it. I told him if he would like too ever sell it I would buy it back before he damaged it any more. He laughed and said "Title for Title and its yours". Long story short I didn't buy any crate motor that day and had my 1974 baby back in my fingers. I was thrilled and had that dent fixed buy a friend right away.

3 years later my first wife crashed it and it was totaled. I was really mad that the car was totaled and not her. We seperated a year later (not becouse of this).

So that is the story of my first Datsun and how my love affair for the 620 started.

I will go back even further in time too when I got my drivers license as its kinda funny also. I have been driving on the roads sense I was 12 and didn't get legal until 18. So as I was leaving the DMV with license I get pulled over. This cop walks up too the car and says "Dean did you get your license finally"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was like yes how do you know my name (still don't know to this day). He said in that case license and registration please. Took one look at them handed them back and said "Glad you are legal now I can pull you over once in a while" I asked him polity to not do that and he left with a chuckle. Well about a week later I was rafting and lost my license in the river. I go back too the DMV and ask for a duplicate and the lady takes my picture again and hands me my license saying " Is everything right on this?". I looked at it and said "NO where is my motor cycle endorsement?" she took it back and endorsed it. I never did take the written or driven test for motorcycle.

Just too let you all know I never saw this officer again. I also don't know how she was able to put my endorsement on without the computer complaining. (EDIT: It was a he and I said she)

OK now lets fast foreword too my second rat. I was on my second marriage and found a friend had a datsun that he was willing too sell. I purchased it. 1972 primer no paint. I purchased this here in Lake Havasu and was using it as a primary vehicle (only one). Well long story short me and my secound wife split and got back together six months later. I drive from AZ to Washington to pick her up. I was pulled over for no plates and little did I know I had a warrent. So I go to jail and it turns out too be a failer too appear on a charge that was later doped. So no problems except while I sat that night in jail some idiot stole my truck (they didn't impound because my wife drove it home). This truck had all my belongings as I planed on moving up there not her back to here. Well when I finally get a call too come pick up my truck (only 2 blocks away) everything is missing. There was nothing except a blanket and it wasn't mine. The vandals had destroyed the clutch but that was all that was wrong with it. So I got it fixed and on the way home it broke down 500 miles from ether location with a blown head gasket. I miss that truck.

Well those are the interesting datsun and license stories of mine. I wish I had pics but they stole them (I KNOW I KNOW THEY DON'T EXISTS THEN). Sorry they were so long winded but I actually cut them short.

EDIT: I didn't tell what I crashed into. It was a large tree luckly it was there as it was a steep drop if not. I cant say cliff but steep. If you know where the tower is its the first corner coming down.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the same. Crazy stuff!

After I reread it I see what you mean. I was like WOW but believe me it was what happened. Although this was not all at one time so its not as crazy as it seems. I also left out some of the boring details so its a little bit upbeat true but upbeat. Its like you win 20 rounds of chess against a pro you would tell the exciting parts and leave out the boring.