Wanted: windshield washer pump/motor for '78 620

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The windshield washer pump is mounted in the bottom of the pump reservoir and it's mounted on the firewall near the under hood light switch. Just follow the plastic hoses back from the windshield squirters.

There is an auto choke relay, horn relay,and ignition relay under a black cover box on the passenger fender. If you have an automatic there is an inhibitor relay and if from California there is floor sensor relay under there as well.

Hey Mike, Thanksx for the reply. Mine must be a replacement because it is separate from the reservoir and is mounted on the pas. side fender well with a black and red wire and the inlet and oulet hose.

Then best (for the money) to try and get a stock replacement one. There has to be dozens laying around in members garages or in uncut lawns. :D Just get someone to unscrew the motor and send you one. I can't locate the number for the motor but I bet they are all the same for all models. Maybe you could check around the junk yards.

Thanks Mike. These trucks are scarce as hen's teeth here in the Ark-La-Tex. I

ll keep an eye out for one. I thought someone here on Ratsun might have a spare lying around and I could buy it and pay shipping. It shouldn't cost ;much to ship ;just the motor/pump. I'll have to check it again but the reservoir may be an add-on also cause if I remember it's just a reservoir with an outlet hose over to the pump.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.