caster on stock controll arms

any one know how much caster you can run on stock control arm's. I am running 2 degrees. I was running 7 but it bent my bolts that connect strut tube to the control arm and my bolts that connect the sway bar to the control arm. My car felt so solid! i loved it but i don't have the money right now for the adjustable control arm's:( now that i have had it at 7 it feels loose at 2 and i dont like it as much.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we run about 3.5 to 4 on the race cars but thats about it any more and it seems like the steering get to heavy and the turning radius goes to hell. I wouldnt run more than that without ajustable control arms and t/c rods the control arms go into a bind through the suspension travel and you tend to get weird steering wheel feed back when you are driving hard (LOOSE then TIGHT)

we run about 3.5 to 4 on the race cars but thats about it any more and it seems like the steering get to heavy and the turning radius goes to hell. I wouldnt run more than that without ajustable control arms and t/c rods the control arms go into a bind through the suspension travel and you tend to get weird steering wheel feed back when you are driving hard (LOOSE then TIGHT)

i have the t3 tc rods i will have to try it with 3.5

My car stayed tight the whole time all the way up to 100mph( i did not want to push past that when it had an l16 with a 4 speed )

its not so much staying TIGHT in a straight line thats why drag racers run so much caster it helps keep the car going straight its in the middle of the corner that you will feel the caster make the steering get heavy and if you run to much caster the cars steering will not go back to center...