Dual Weber 45's Install ???

sicAsic

good morning datsun aficionados...

mike,

1. please confirm if the stock rpm & original distributor will be compatible with new installation of dual side weber 45 carbs?

2. what would be my other options aside from using lowering kits at the rear. i'm not satisfied with the results after lowering the back 3"? i need another 2" to cover the gaps between the rear fender and tires.

thanks again,

giles

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have gotton a electronic ignition first, before getting the carbs. But its no big deal. Just helps incase you get something bad you can trace this back. Why? like if points go bad or a condensor goes bad people will look at the carbs thinking they are bad or vise versa.

If your ignition works it will work on the new carbs. Might need to adv distributor more if your carbs dont have a vacuum adv port to the dizzy.Some sidedrafts have these some dont

I have 3 inch blocks on my 521. I didnt not want to lower it more. so what I did is .I have patrfinder chrome

I installed 1 195/65 series . 65 series as its a taller tire so if fills in the gap between tire and fender.

If you run a 50 or 45 series tire youll have a huge gap.

Youll have to lower the truck more buy stacking another block on the existing block or remove a leaf spring. Also put a spacer in the carrier bearing.This is important not to pre stress the carrier bearing and or trans bearing.

For me it was EZer to get the bigger tire set up.

olddatsuns.com the best site around!!!!!!!!!

good morning datsun aficionados...

mike,

1. please confirm if the stock rpm & original distributor will be compatible with new installation of dual side weber 45 carbs?

2. what would be my other options aside from using lowering kits at the rear. i'm not satisfied with the results after lowering the back 3"? i need another 2" to cover the gaps between the rear fender and tires.

thanks again,

giles

Guest kamakazi620

thank you for your immediate reponse.

i had removed one lift spring already. what would be the maximum removal of lift springs?

thank you,

giles

I've removed all but the main spring but added a Flat Overload spring DO NOT just run the main spring by itself!!!!

DSC00260-1.jpg

274708778757_0_01-1.jpg