Soon to be 620 owner!

shogun121

Hi everyone, will be the proud owner of a 73 620 soon. Waiting to get a weekend off so I can pick up the truck from Michigan, off of a farmers son for $400. Cant wait, as Ive always wanted a 620,and always thought they were slick looking. Anywho, judging from the cell phone pics I got, it seems to have rust in the rockers and lower front fenders, and some on the lower bed sides, behind the rear tires. He said it runs but the brakes are shot from it sitting. and it looks to have 5 (not six) lug panasport slotted mags on it. Is there anything that I absolutely must know about these trucks? I usually do my own work on my cars but only on the newer stuff. Ive never worked on carbs and drum brakes before and I think im a bit intimitaded by old skool tech lol. Also Im in Chicago so anyone close to me looking to trade off some pizza,wings and beer and/or soda in exchange for work is also more than welcome,lol. Anyway, hope to be a contributing member real soon and thanks for any help/advice given

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see another 620!

Look for rust on the floorboards around the body mounts. Get a good factory service manual. Brakes and carbs aren't that bad. I've just replaced my brakes. And get some Liquid Wrench or PB Blaster ,great for rusted bolts and brake adjusters.I'm in Indiana,not too far away.

Welcome,and hope you get it soon!