720 console

NYC_HC

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2359306330099835338mqmdta

After enuff people with 720s on ebay asking me if im nuts because all i wanted to buy was the center console, not the truck they had for sale . I went and found my trusty and rusty jigsaw and went to work determined to make my own. I didnt want to hack up the dash for the radio , so i made this to hold the radio and drinks. Dont laugh its my 1st try and i typically suck with cutting wood no matter how many times i measure. Just some filler putty and some cloth to cover it and i think it might not look that bad when im done .

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks pretty good... I would have narrowed it and brought the back end down so it looked a little smoother around the shifter... But this is probably going to be version one of many, right? Personally I would've made it out of sheet metal or plastic or something of the sort, but that just happens to be what I have access to and feel more comfortable using.

Thanks , and im afraid to try to lower the front as i probably would destroy the whole thing. For me this is a major accomplishment ,as im as far from a fabricator there ever was. If i tried sheet metal id probably end up in the hospital with my finger in a jar. I started with cardboard and graduated to wood , so im a noooob if ever there was one .Oh and this is 1 of 1

I don't really think it's ever 1 of 1... One day you'll be doing something to the interior or whatever and will decide to have another go at it...

I'm not a fabricator myself... I do very little of it, but I know how to do it. Usually takes me a hell of a long time, but it gets done in the end. Just a matter of how much patience you have.