New member with a 620, steering stabilizer??

opposed

Hey guys, new member here with yet an other old 620. I've had plenty of the 510 cars in the past, however,this is only my second 620. Cool truck, but it needs a ton of work done to it. I picked it up almost two weeks ago and have spent every evening in/on/ or under it trying to get it dialed in. I saw the truck in the For Sale section last year, but ended getting it from a different owner than the one that posted it here. Soooo, my question is : I'm running 33" tires on a two wheel drive truck and it seems logical to me that a steering stabilizer would be ideal. But before I continue the fab work, have any of you gents done one on your trucks?? I've seen the Rancho shocks mounted horizontal and that may work, but I'd like maybe a pic or general suggestions. Thanks in advance .................cheers

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just be sure your steering box, idler arm, tie-rods, wheel bearings, control arm bushings and kingpins/ball joints are tight and in good shape.

A steering stabilizer is nothing but a band-aid and will mask any symptoms of worn parts.

...and shocks are designed to be used in a vertical position and lose damping abilities when mounted at angles.

Thank you, I've checked all parts and everything seems to be in good order, but i just wanted a bit of dampener when offroad. The truck is the white pre runner with massive fenders and extended a-arms that was on here a while ago. It seems good, but could use some stabilizing on the rocky stuff.