tire/wheel questions

pucancakes

for those using titan/armada/escalade wheels... which size are u using with what tire size? any issues?

whats biggest wheel/tire combo we can use?

for a 15x6 wheel... what tire size would be ok? whats the proper back spacing to use w/o any issues?

520/521 stock wheel backspacing is 3.5" (i think) ... what does that convert to? +43 +35? i dunno

btw its for my 520

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has already been more or less covered here... 18x8's will fit, but I assume try to get as close to stock as possible. As for backspacing, keep it in inches, it seems like most shops do it that way anyways. As for the offset, if the backspacing in 3.5" on a 6" wheel, that means the hub is .5" outside the center line... 0.5 x 25.4 = 12.7 mm... so +13 mm offset. HTH.

EDIT: Forgot that the lip isn't counted in the rim width... so in reality the offset is the above minus the width of the lip... I'll just assume it's about a 3 mm lip, so a +10 offset... I think most of the Datsun trucks run a pretty neutral offset, somewhere between +15 and -5, I think... Not sure on that though.