510 Newbie In The ATX

Dimebox

First of all.... great freakin site. I have been able to cull some knowledge thanks to Ratsun. So here is the story. I am new to the forum and am the Prez of the Nissan club in Austin known as Capitol Z of Texas. Always have been a Datsun Nissan fanatic so I have graduated from my two 76 Z's to building a 77 510 wagon for the wife.

I just picked up a gently used L20b bottom end since the head gasket is blown in the car and water and oil sat in the crankcase for nine years. I also found today that the cross member is bent near the middle by the motor mount (looks like the car went air borne) so I need some help. Will a 240z cross member mate or will I need to source a new cross member at the same time looking for a new head just in case. And if so where is a good place to get parts ergo a parts yard in So Cal or Nor Cal that will ship since no dice in Texas so far? Any help is great and I will post some pics soon.

Thanks,

Rob

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic