bench seat 521

racrbryce

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=17418

Did you forget that you already asked this? The right place for a 'wanted' item is here.

I'm not gonna' bust your chops, but cross posting/double posting really annoys some folks...

Another thread that might help you find one is the Wrecking Yard Report...

If you can't find one locally, there are two, possibly three in a yard near here.

Edited by nukeday

16 is a great age to learn how stuff is supposed to work. Period.

We could use a few more people stepping in to remind teens of that.

No matter how much we love them or want them to have an "inch".

There should be some consideration to switching to a Toyota pick-up seat too...if the Datsun seat is too far gone, a cover might not do the trick.

For some reason the Yota seats seem to hold up a little better, from what I have seen anyway.

The quality of J.C. Whitney stuff is barely tolerable in some cases...make sure to spend a bit more for a little higher quality covers if you do buy from them.

Local Junk Yards are a great idea for covers too...I have seen many nice ones locally.

Oh...one more thing...PICS MAN!!!:D

Ok, so my original intent was to sort of steer you away from multiple posts, if I came off as condescending or the forum cop, I apologize. The ignore thing was knee-jerk reaction. I've got lots of things going on in my real life that don't leave much tolerance for what I perceive to be nonsense.

What happens here is that if you overpost, or multipost, or crosspost, someone is going to jam you good. Some people even leave the forum, and that's a shame, there is a tremendous resource of knowledge here. Or people get all upset and the thread gets filled up with stuff that is of no relevance. Finally, after tolerating it for a dozen or so posts, no one will pay attention to any of your posts. I'm not the Datsun guru or even a moderator here, I was just trying to save you some flames, and a big echo when you start asking serious questions.

I don't mean to pick on anyone, but there is one poor fella' that comes to mind. So when it gets dwn to it, I'm gonna' give this another go round.

Someone once told me that an online forum is like the fridge at work. You can put a sandwich in, take one out. There's plenty in there, so if all you do is take, no one will notice. But if all you do is fill the fridge with poop sandwiches someone is going to get pissed.

I have a 521 seat that may be for sale, I also have a blue velour/cloth Ranger seat (much nicer) that is probably for sale, and I have a set of red buckets for sale. On top of that, aside from body or L motor stuff, I have a bunch of 521 parts.

297_9736.jpg

So, I call truce. Welcome to the forum, I did take a look at your truck, and would enjoy seeing more photos. If you need some weird little bit for your truck, LMK. If you want to see some fool trying to put together a rusty 521 basket case, check out my thread.

Great offer...seems like there are a lot of parts that folks could use.

Nice idea on the seat as well...

sounds like this "kid" was well worth the "inch". :cool:

I think he will stick around, and I am hoping that he posts some pics of his rig.Wait...here...I got it...;)

Datsun1-1.jpg

Remember where we were all at when we were 16..a little slack went a long way...so once again, good job Ratsun.:)

Edited by denveratsun
  • 2 weeks later...

I dropped some bad news on the kid a week ago. kinda seamed like this 521 would be to much work. I called Bryce and told him that. he was kinda bummed . I then had jeff (icehouse) come over for some input.That being said i jumped the gun on dumping the rig. And now shes a runner bryce will take the truck this next week end.There will still be plenty of work for him to do.Bryce you can thank Jeff at the concert for his BRO