Smooth frame updates!!!

Smiley720

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1.a setup in a 4x4 is also not adjustable. 2. When you throw in changing your ride height, it changes everything.

1. Maybe not all, but YES, some are.

2. Someone who goes through the trouble of doing a 4link front on a 4x4 'usually' has articulation in mind. More so than ANY mini truck.

If the truck is going to be a daily driver, a reverse 4link might be less than ideal. For a weekend, show, toy, its not gonna kill you. I'd be more concerned with proper welding and link tabs. (not saying its wrong, just making a point.)

As far as the fuel tank goes. Stock is free. It may not fit anywhere but the stock location. A fuel cell that fits properly and doesn't hang down below the bed (looks like crap), isn't cheap. Also a fuel cell requires more parts than just the cell itself (more cost). All that said, I'd use a wishbone 3link to cure these issues rather than a reverse 4link, but its your truck, as long as your happy... cool.

:thumbup:

Hey yall this guy is building his truck for his self and he is being nice enough to share his build with us . So lets please just enjoy the ride, it looks like he knows what he is doing . I think he knows what reverse links do by now, I am not trying to be a peckerwood . All I am saying is if I was doing reverse links I wouldn't mind some one telling me the ups and downs on them but keeping on and on about it . Lets please enjoy and encourage his build, stand beside him rather than in front of him .

Well it is like this right here, I am building a 620 and I will take all the good information I can get . But I really don't want some one telling me what to do with my 620 . If some body was to say man I wouldn't shave the bed hooks off that truck, that is ok but when they keep on about it then I will tell them if you have all these great ideas then buy one and make your ideas a reality . All I am saying is I build my truck to my specs to bring joy to me and my wife , if other people enjoy it great if they don't like it they don't have to look at it . Hell for that matter if they don't like it they can keep it to them self's because it doesn't bother me none . Once again I am not trying to be a peckerwood in no shape form or fashion , it is just like this you build yours the way you want it and I and smiley720 and every one else can build our the way we want them to be . But I do have to say this again, I am open to suggestions and I am sure smiley and every one else is but one time is enough . please don't be to pushy or overbearing with your ideas and suggestions . I love my Ratsun family and I love the site but lets keep it real and help each other out .

Edited by slam_dat_sun
corrected spelling

It's not a matter of how it looks, it's how it performs, and I just wanted to make sure he was aware of the down falls of a reverse 4 link. 100hp truck does not keep the little boy chasing his ball from running out in front of him while doing 40 mph and having to do evasive maneuvers, and then the truck failing to do so because of an uninformed decision.

So yeah, a couple minitruckers on a non mini truck site making sure that he knew what he was doing is a huge help. I've seen way to many "i saw it online and decided to try it" (Dwnshifter?) builds. Sounds like he has made his decision, but at least he was informed. And maybe one day someone else will come across this thread and it will help them make their decision also.

I have two points of interest in helping this guy, as a minitrucker and as a Datsun enthusiast. Your correct, its his truck to do with what he pleases, but if I can help him out by showing him other options that he may or may know are available, you cannot fault me for that.

It's not a matter of how it looks, it's how it performs, and I just wanted to make sure he was aware of the down falls of a reverse 4 link. 100hp truck does not keep the little boy chasing his ball from running out in front of him while doing 40 mph and having to do evasive maneuvers, and then the truck failing to do so because of an uninformed decision.

So yeah, a couple minitruckers on a non mini truck site making sure that he knew what he was doing is a huge help. I've seen way to many "i saw it online and decided to try it" (Dwnshifter?) builds. Sounds like he has made his decision, but at least he was informed. And maybe one day someone else will come across this thread and it will help them make their decision also.

I have two points of interest in helping this guy, as a minitrucker and as a Datsun enthusiast. Your correct, its his truck to do with what he pleases, but if I can help him out by showing him other options that he may or may know are available, you cannot fault me for that.

no we cant fault you for that and everybody understands that but honestly you were being a lil pushy on him. now like slam said we are all a family here and some of us may be new(like me) and may not know everything about the sport(ratsun) but we are here to learn and if someone is being pushy or and not saying you but being a know it all keeps pushing it makes a bad impression but you did have a good point of concern and that is what being in this lifestyle is about. now lets all have a drink!!!

You are right and I am not faulting you for what you are saying . In fact I encourage you to encourage people of safety issues . You are a minitrucker that is cool severed ties is have there show in phoenix this Sunday , I wish I could take my 620 . Okay back to the post haha I sure hope it helps some one in the future to make a safe decision . I am doing a traditional 4 link on mine and body drop to the doors . I have done hot rods with 4 link and coil overs but never done 4 link and bags , I am sure it is pretty much the same . I am so not trying to thread jack :lol: so I am stopping here .