510 wagon rear spring rate

murderwagon

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it was a nice upgrade. I was lucky and got it off a guy local to me for cheap and addco was nice to send me new hardware free just pay shipping. I can tell you one thing about wagons but most cars in general. don't lower it a lot unless you plan on making mods to the chassis. I lowered mine 2" out back with blocks and can tell you don't go lower unless you mod the chassis to avoid rear end knocking and driveshaft knock. I will be adding a panhard bar as I feel that would help a lot for not a lot of money or mods.

I live in san francisco and roads here are not good hence that is why I did not lower it a lot but maybe your area may be nicer road wise. I am sure you have read a lot of the mods people have done to enhance handling. you can do a lot of mods for cheap. I literally found a lot of items at the junkyard for cheap or free or on craigslist or ebay from people clearing out space. I think the only thing I paid for was new shocks for front and I even got a good price on those. If you need coil overs and tokico shocks I can offer them.

I personally would get the zx front brakes and struts. easy mod and cheap, for me at that time I got lucky and got my set up almost for free from a junk yard. just had to clean it up, resurface rotors, re pack bearings and change seals and get brake pads. I also got bump steer spacers and it all came together well. no negative camber. tire wear is even and stable on freeway given I pretty much changed all other parts like ball joints and tie rods and bushings. car feels good considering it is 38 years old.

thouse sensatac monroe shocks with the coil spring around them are they worth it i was debating having rear springs made but i want to get the best bang for the buck and i am building the whole car every aspect so i want to have everything done with out spending a million dollars