lil89ram50 build thread!

so i have been workin on this again lately, n me and 81datsun almost have the oil pan done! its a complete mess, but it will work till i can afford to build one correctly! so in about a week or 2 i should be able to fire her up!!!! so xcited! dads got the wiring figured out, just waiting on the fuse box and relays to get here now!

fuse box

relays

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow this wiring is a bitch! the stock wiring in the truck is trashed, so now we have stripped all tape, condiut and are deleting every useless wire on truck :) and also deleting heater. also made a short throw shifter the other day, my throw is about 3 inches!!! i love it, and it is about as tall as the bottom of the steering wheel

so i wired everything up, tested compression, cant run the motor cuz i need parts still.... like fuel pump n plugs n wires n maf and intake piping n exhaust n well jus some little shit like that :( so im guna get everything to run the motor, n i will run it for a while n see if the rings will maybe re seal?? i guess i will try anything cuz i really dont wana pull this motor again, so if you got any suggestions, lmk please.... it just needs to last about september.....

45 lbs in #3

165 lbs in #1&4

111 lbs in #2

no, the tb was completely close... but i did put oil in the cylinders..... will try again in the mornin with tb open, thanks for the advice!!! i think u were over on luvtruck.com right? if so u might remember me i built this truck then it got wrecked at the school shop

n1022627806_334099_4928692.jpg

im getting redy to bob my bed, and i have made a short throw shirter out of some steel i had laying around, the throw is now only 3-4 inches n it feels great! i have the motor all wired up, the only wiring i gota do yet is re-wire the tails n blinkers n fuel pump! the parts i still need are a fuel pump and a mass air flow sensor and then a few interior pieces!

ok do you see them lil plastic clips for the brake and clutch lines on the top of the fire wall? where can i get them? i need three... i broke the lil shitty clips on them when removed for paint :(

ok so i got some coil overs mounted on to the back... its a lil ghetto, but it does the job, now i just need to notch the frame so i have suspension :) frame is touchin axle.... im a lil low :) wil get pics later

ok so questions! im going to a junk yard on wednesday to try n find some parts! WHAT CAN I GET A FUEL PUMP OFF OF TO POWER A KA24DE??? n whwat maf do i need, i keep trying to find an exack answer but i cant,,, like some are g60,g70,q45,z32,n62 n what not, but what is the one that is best?? this is a stock motor, but will bu upgrading as i drive it...

calling tha ka gods!!!! ok so went to the yard today, couldnt really find anything, but as i was leaving i went inside the building to pay for a few small things n saw a mass air flow sensor n it looked like what i needed!! so i picked it up n it said nissan n i smiled cuz there were no 240's there with motors still :( then i looked at the tag with what it came from n price n it came from a 94 altima :( n i got a s14 ka... well i got it... paid 40 bux n left..... idk if this will work of not, so im asking agai, will this one work, or what one do i need??? havent really been able to get very straight answers about any thing on this swap so its all been trial n error so far

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm new to this site as of today but have a little bit of backround knowledge about minitrucks. Never done the work myself until now! I'm the guy who bought the nissan from him and will continue to build and post pics the rest of the way. I won't do this truck shame by turning it into a garage ornament! I think when people buy projects and never finish them they are basically a waste to the project industry! Ne wayz If I need any help with anything I don't already know I will continue adding to this forum for questions. Appreciate all the help I can get.

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm new to this site as of today but have a little bit of backround knowledge about minitrucks. Never done the work myself until now! I'm the guy who bought the nissan from him and will continue to build and post pics the rest of the way. I won't do this truck shame by turning it into a garage ornament! I think when people buy projects and never finish them they are basically a waste to the project industry! Ne wayz If I need any help with anything I don't already know I will continue adding to this forum for questions. Appreciate all the help I can get.

....The truck was sold.....