Looking for some info

I've been searching for hours, and I can't find this info for my truck. I need to find tech threads and/or websites on swapping a KA24DE into my 87 Nissan Hardbody. My truck has the Z24i with 3 speed automatic transmission, and is in need of power. I want to take a KA24DE with tranny and drop it in. I found the thread here but its for the older KA24Es and for the Datsun. I would also be interested in a VQ30DE install, but I can't find anything relevant to my year truck.

If someone can point me in the right direction for motor swaps, I would be very grateful.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look in the how to section for, how to wire a ka or sr into anything

Theres really only a few wires you need to tap into your truck to make it work. Get out the manual for it and dooo eeet. The manual for these pickups are only 15-20 dollars. It will tell you what wires are what in your truck.

For what its worth, if you can just leave the napz trans in there. it will bolt right up and be the right angle. If you swap to a ka trans it will be a different length requiring you to get the drive line modified. least thats what i recall.