lower radiator hose: ka-e w/rabbit rad.

onefine,fivedime

got a question... im trying 2 find a lower radiator hose that ll work w my swap (single cam ka w/capless rabbit radiator) what are you guys running/recommend? im trying to stray away from a flex hose, would like 2 have a reg rubber one but hey if i cant find anything that works so be it. also, anyone running there intake to the pass side? engine bay pcs would be cool if u could post em! thanks alot!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

o wow thats cool. my motor had it on there when i got it and it crossed my mind a bit but didnt try it for whatever reason. thanks for that! your dime is pimp as hell, i love it! lots of cool upgrades and the majority being stuff i wana do to mine! one question i do have, i heard that the MAF sensor doesnt like 2 be in the vertical position. any problems with that?

ok .. i got a question thats gona make me sound like an idiot.. but o well im confused.. =/ am i supposed to b runing the thermostat 2 the lower outlet on the radiator?? it doesnt look like itd function correctly, but based on pics thats how everyone has it ran. when i went outside last nite 2 see if the stock lower rad. hose on my spare motor would work i noticed its hooked up 2 the top outlet on the engine.. am i doing it wrong? would the way its crossed cause cooling problems?

Its a bit wierd but the thermostat outlet goes to the bottom radiator outlet. Everyone has diffrent opinions on maf placement. I has to be an x amount of inches away from the tb. I ran mine to the side because its a simple design. Short tube,short wires, and no radiant heat from the radiator and header.

whew! ok im glad i wasnt doin it wrong. thanks for the pic nis720 i couldnt believe i couldnt find one anywhere. ur setup is f"n beautiful too! love the engine bay. yeah the only reason i mentioned the vertical maf thing was cuz a guy i know works @ a place called westech in ontario (dyno tuning). and he said that when he did that swap on his uncles 510 the idle was all messed up "til he ran it horizontal. so i was just wondering if it was true. thats exactly why i wana run mine to the pass side. no extra heat 2 absorb..and itd be short and sweet plus, i want the filter 2 be in front of the high beam opening.=)... thanks for the help guys!

On my ka the lower radiator hose is stock trimmed down. But it has been rubbing on the tensinor down there. So we went and got a flexable 12" hose and adjusted

it to fit. Still there is a slight rub. So I'm having a welder modify my new mishi rad with a inch long angle, then using these metal universal flex hoses we found at a local tuner shop should flow better and not rub when done. I'll have my dad take a pic of it.