Which top mount turbo manifold?

Paul

Hey guys, long time no see. I'm trying to wrap up my 71 and I'm looking for a top mount that will bring my turbo (GT3071R) more forward and make it sit higher. I'm not really worried about hood clearance right now, just about having room for a 3'' downpipe and all the extarnal wastegate stuff....

I've looked through a few build threads and haven't really found what I'm looking for... Any ideas?

I found this one for a couple hundred bucks, but I really dont know what would work.

SR-S13-14-15%20turbo%20manifold.jpg

Here is a small picture of how it sits right now.

picture097g.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its got a log on there already, but I'd like to go with a top mount to give a bit more room under there behind the turbo. I'll know exactly what I'm working with next week when I put the master cylinder on. Also with the external wastegate flange already fabbed into the manifold I can get rid of my actuator on the turbo.

I have the megan racing topmount t3 manifold and it seems pretty decent if you have a smaller framed turbo.. I dont know the size of the GT30 size turbo in relation to my 20G but it fits fine.

problem is that I am using an adapter (i have a T2 flanged 20g) and that pushes the turbo towards the master cylinder .. running a T3 right on there would give decent clearance for a 3" downpipe and keep it away from the master cylinder.. for me I want to swap mine for a t3 flanged turbo so I have clearance for a 3" downpipe right now I have a cheap 2.5" we fabbed together

I have the megan racing topmount t3 manifold and it seems pretty decent if you have a smaller framed turbo.. I dont know the size of the GT30 size turbo in relation to my 20G but it fits fine.

problem is that I am using an adapter (i have a T2 flanged 20g) and that pushes the turbo towards the master cylinder .. running a T3 right on there would give decent clearance for a 3" downpipe and keep it away from the master cylinder.. for me I want to swap mine for a t3 flanged turbo so I have clearance for a 3" downpipe right now I have a cheap 2.5" we fabbed together

A lot of people tell me I have a big turbo but I don't think its that big at all. Got any pics of your manifold by any chance?

A lot of people tell me I have a big turbo but I don't think its that big at all. Got any pics of your manifold by any chance?

let me snap one.. i dont have a pic of it right now but maybe will go by the shop today