Positive camber on a 72 wagon

Spades

well, I lightened my wagon up a bit when I did the engine swap, so now the front has a ton of fender gap, and whats worse, alot of positive camber.

I don't see any adjustment for camber on the front suspension...is there a trick I don't know about?

I was thinking about seeing if i can find some lowering springs for the front...i hate to spend the $$$ for coil overs since I just put new monroe strut cartriges in...

any suggestions of adjusting camber or where to find simple lowering springs?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

soooo....anyone know if you can adjust camber some way on these? or perhaps how low the front has to drop to get slight negative camber? since i swapped my naps motor and trans in, I have gained about 1.5" of lift in the front, and my camber is way positive...

I was thinking about something I read and taking some 1990 nissan sentra rear springs and cutting a couple coils off to get stiffer springs and get back down to stock height or maybe a inch under stock height.

anyone have any suggestions?

There is no camber adjustment on the stock suspension, but there are a few ways that people do it:

-Camber plates

-Ecentric LCA bushings

-Adjustable LCAs

Like you said, lowering the front end will also reduce the positive camber. For lowering options check out Mike's strut thread:

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=6895

ok, well, at least I wont be looking at it scratching my head trying to figure out a way to adjust it with the stock suspension.

rather than hacking up my stock springs, I think i will grab a set of new sentra springs to cut up. I basically want to drop the nose 1" lower than stock ride height to achive slightly negative camber.

I should be able to do that without damage to the monroe struts i installed...they arent gas, oil filled, so 1" lower than stock shouldnt create an issue.

I am expecting that because the sentra springs have a higher spring rate and are slightly taller than the stock 510 springs, I will prolly have to chop a couple coils off to drop it the couple inches to get it 1" lower than stock height...I will just cut off a little bit at a time untill I am where I want to be.

thanks for the reply!