NL320 Virtual Project - Planning Stage

nukeday

After a lot of back and forth with my dad, he's decided to sell his NL. He'll be 65, November next year, and he's had plans and hopes for this truck for probably the past ten.

I can't actually afford to buy it right now, but I'm thinking I might be able to sneak it away from him, sort of Overhaulin' style. Then, I'd like to build it for him and give it back to him on his birthday. I don't intend to restore it, I don't have the skill to even consider that option. What I want to do is make it a driver that he can then do whatever he wants with (absolutely the opposite of Overhaulin' :D), especially, DRIVE IT.

The plan is pretty simple:

1. B210 engine/trans/electrics

2. Front disc brake upgrade

3. Paint/body (He's got a new windshield stashed away in his closet)

4. Interior

I'm fully aware that the truck would me more 'valuable' if it were restored. With the A series engine and trans, we could put it back to stock without too much trouble, but it would be drivable until then. The wiring in it now has become food for rats, and isn't saveable. AND, it's been sitting for years, just deteriorating. Something needs to be done with it, and I know he doesn't want it cut up and body dropped.

Here's the truck, and a link to the album...

What do you guys think? IF I take this on, I want to write out a POA (Plan of Action) in advance, and cover every possible aspect on paper before I try to snag the truck. That's why it's a Virtual Project. The most successful builds I've seen started with a clean plan, so I'm seeking advice here.

Comments appreciated.

100_0043.jpg

100_0036.jpg

100_0039.jpg

100_0049.jpg

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic