67 520 - J13 with Nikki Carb - carb rebuild kit?

dibo

Based on what I've read, there aren't rebuild kits for the Nikki's anymore... can anyone confirm that? I know for certain I'm going to need some rubber seals and such, but I figure I'd rather just overhaul the thing.

If no such thing exists, does anyone have any cheap suggestions for alternatives? Getting rid of the J13 altogether is on my (long) list of things to do, so I'd rather keep things as cheap as possible so I can get the truck back on the road. I have an extra 32/36 Weber from my BMW 2002, but it has a larger bolt pattern and I'm not sure making an adapter plate is going to work (I'm pretty sure there would be flow issues).

Anyway, if anyone has some advice, I'd really appreciate the help! Thanks!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the feedback guys... much appreciated!

Impala - does the kit you received from classicgarage.com include all of the rubber seals? There's one particular boot that's visibly cracked from the top (the name of the valve/diaphram it seals is escaping me right now), so I imagine the rest of the seals are in equally poor condition and I want to make sure I'm getting everything I need. $45 is definitely reasonable though.

Thanks for all the feedback guys... much appreciated!

Impala - does the kit you received from classicgarage.com include all of the rubber seals? There's one particular boot that's visibly cracked from the top (the name of the valve/diaphram it seals is escaping me right now), so I imagine the rest of the seals are in equally poor condition and I want to make sure I'm getting everything I need. $45 is definitely reasonable though.

yes that is included, those carbs are noutrious for not working good,that was the only place i could findthe kit,the part stores couldnt help,the best i could find was a rebuilt carb from napa that ran around 360bucks, i rebuilt mine along with a tune up and runs like a champ now:)

If your Weber is in decent shape, I personally think it's a better choice. For the time and money spent, you might want to check out an intake adapter from JAM Engineering. 99004.100 is a two piece style, 99004.300 is a one piece. They run $33 and $27 respectively.

You'll probably want to jet the Weber back, there are jets available from a multitude of vendors.

Additionally, there is also an MG Intake (made by PIERCE CP91052) which is a direct bolt on to the J13, and flanged for a Weber. Here's a pic of mine, they come up on ebay fairly often.

Pierceintake.jpg

Good luck, whatever you decide. :)

ill get it on sometime in the next weekend and take a pic for ya or i can just throw some screws in and take a pic...but the webber carb filter can always be bodydropped if u know wut i mean...i had 2 bodydropped mazdas and almost no clearance under the hood...ill get a pic up for u soon

ill get it on sometime in the next weekend and take a pic for ya or i can just throw some screws in and take a pic...but the webber carb filter can always be bodydropped if u know wut i mean...i had 2 bodydropped mazdas and almost no clearance under the hood...ill get a pic up for u soon

i feel ya,i almost cut the stock one down for clearance but ended up redropping the motor mounts again,the hood shuts,no room for a filter tho ,just hose clamped a screen on for now:p

So I just ordered the carb rebuild kit from classicgarage.com and I found a promo code that gives you 10% off (I love google) that I thought I'd share... enter "supragroup" at checkout. Saved me $5 :-)

here it is...with a weber cab on it...looks to me to be about 1"-1.5" lower...also the fact that its a weber carb and much bigger intake ports

p.s. the nikki is for sale...took it off when engine blew seal and decided to do head gasket intake and headers...let me know...im easy on price

cameraphone123.jpg

cameraphone124.jpg

Edited by 520datsun
  • 2 weeks later...