My MINT truck!!!

Loz

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool man

someone knows how to hold down a button! If you really want it to look good, after your done spray bombing that thing. Wet sand it, first with say 500 or 720 maybe, then higher grit 1000+ and itll smooth out and look pretty good actually.

Btw, instead of throwing out 50 dozen new threads for your truck, just create a project thread and put everything in there. It keeps the rest of the board cleared up. and easier for you to keep track of it and anyone else who likes your stuff. :D

I like that new rattle can paint job. I've been eyeballing my truck and thinking...hmmm...well...not yet, but maybe. I think the mint green looks cool. Did you paint it to throw off the local coppers? They'll eventually catch wind of the decaying corpse under the tarp, you know. Better throw your shovel in the back of that lorry.

Dan

I was in Thailand for one month when I was 20, I would love to go over there and tour in a Datsun all over the country. I met many nice people over there. I went north to Chang Mai and Chang Rai by bus. I have read about all the political stuff going on and I hope everything is good over there. Also loved riding the trains, like a time capsule from the 50's. I was in the train station in Bangkok on my first day and everyone started singing together when a certain song came on the radio. And this train station was packed. The songs hook was sung in English and was "bring the Buda back". Apparently an ancient Buda statue had been stolen from a ruin and was purchased by an american museum. The museum was refusing to return it and it was a national issue in Thailand so when the song came on the radio everyone would stop what they were doing and sing along. Great people, great trip!

Cool man

someone knows how to hold down a button! If you really want it to look good, after your done spray bombing that thing. Wet sand it, first with say 500 or 720 maybe, then higher grit 1000+ and itll smooth out and look pretty good actually.

Funny you should mention that... I was thinking that sanding it down and blowing over it again might improve the finish. you reckon just sanding, eh? I'll keep ya posted.

Btw, instead of throwing out 50 dozen new threads for your truck, just create a project thread and put everything in there. It keeps the rest of the board cleared up. and easier for you to keep track of it and anyone else who likes your stuff. :D

Good plan! I'll do just that. Can moderators consolidate my threads and move them to Projects? much appreciated if they can.

Good plan! I'll do just that. Can moderators consolidate my threads and move them to Projects? much appreciated if they can.

well

how you sand it is your option

what i would do, paint, sand over once, paint and wet sand it with some higher grit fine stuff to make it look decent. wash the truck. Touch up areas needed. Keep in mind while wet sanding tho, keep that sand paper wet and rinsed good, chunks of stuff in there including paint, dirt, sand, whatever will scratch up what you just put on. I guess it wont matter to much if your using flat colored paint but i think it would show up still (if im wrong plz someone feel free to correct me)

but check out the threads there are some tips and how to's floating around here on what other people have done.

And so it was that Loz went to town on the spray cans and finished her off quite nicely with a little sanding down and repainting. Then it was that loz went the get the truck raised but forgot to shut the bonnet properly. My first Bonnet slap promptly ensued as I whizzed down the highway to suddenly see the "hood" rear up and slap the roof line!! :eek:

Was doing less than 60mph so, I went all Ace Ventura and drove with my head out the window to a stop on the hard shoulder. It was quite the wake up call!

Anyway, I took the hood off at the garage and straightened it out (which it needed before anyway!) so its all good now:D

And with all that green, she just had to get high:p

picks will follow.

I'm thinking spacers and eventually big wheels will give me the look I want for my mean greeny!

:cool: