14th Annual East Coast Datsun 510 Meet 2010

qwik510

14th Annual East Coast Datsun 510 Meet 2010

2010 is going to be a special year for the 14th Annual East Coast Datsun 510 Meet. As you all know, we have had 13 great years at Summit Point Raceway. As much as we love SP, there is a special, once in a lifetime Datsun event taking place at another famous East Coast Racetrack. The Mitty at Road Atlanta is featuring the BRE Datsuns as their Marque Cars for 2010. Pete Brock will be in attendance and the BRE Datsuns will be there too. This may be your only chance to meet Pete Brock in person and to get a chance to see the BRE cars up close.

The Mitty at Road Atlanta offers great vintage car racing and camping at the track. We only have limited details about the event but we will keep you updated as we get more info.

So mark your calendars now for April 30th

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

OK. Just so everyone knows,

The East Coast Datsun 510 Meet is being held during the Mitty.

The Mitty is an event for ALL DATSUNS.

If you are a Datsun owner or Datsun Lover, or both, Come to the Mitty next spring.

With or without your car.

It will be an event not to be missed!

Check out the Mitty Updates page on my website for more info.

http://www.eastcoastdatsun510.com

• 1 month later...

**** UPDATE ****

The tickets for the BRE reunion Dinner being held at the Mitty Thursday April 29, 2010 are now on sale.

There are only 200 tickets being sold so if you plan to attend this once is a lifetime dinner with the BRE team, don't wait. Tickets are only $55 and can be paid for with a Credit Card at this website.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events/BRE-dinner/

When you get to the webpage, click on add to cart to get a form to fill out.

Don't wait, they will sell out fast.

See you all there,

David

BRE Reunion Dinner at the Mitty

April 29 – Road Atlanta

Before the 2010 Classic Motorsports Mitty gets into full swing there will be a special reunion dinner for special invited guests and fans of the team. We’ll be recognizing the accomplishments of Peter and the rest of the Brock Racing Enterprises team in the automotive world on Thursday night.

The festivities will kick off with a BRE dinner presented by Nissan. The dinner will take place at the Road Atlanta Chalet (at the track, next to the front straight). We’ll beging with drinks and conversation at 6:00 p.m. Dinner is at 7:00 p.m., followed by a lively panel discussion led by event emcee Bill Warner.

Add to Cart

There will be BRE mementos for all in attendance. In addition, a brief auction of BRE memorabilia and other collectibles to benefit the BRE team travel fund.

We’re still working on a final list of participating team members, but we’ve invited John Morton, John McComb, Kirk Allegro, Mac Tilton, Trevor Harris, John Knepp, Joe Cavaglieri, Bruce Burness, John Caldwell, Bob Lyon and more from the original BRE team to take part in the panel discussion.

Of course, the BRE team couldn’t be completely represented without the incredible cars they built over the years, so expect to see many of the original race cars and a few finely finished replicas to be present as well. Highlights include 1969 Pacific Coast D Prod Champion #44 Datsun 2000 Roadster, 1969 4th place Mexican 1000 BRE Baja 510 #89, 1970-71 C Prod Champion #46 Datsun 240Z, 1971-72 Trans-Am 2.5 Champion #46 BRE Datsun 510, #85 BRE 510 guest car of Bobby Allison, 1973 Baja 500 #300 BRE Baja 240Z and more.

Speedfest at the Classic Motorsports Mitty 2010

******** UPDATE Number 2 *********

Tickets to the Mitty are now on sale. The 510 group will get a corral and parade laps as long as we get 15 cars to buy tickets in advance.

A three day pass is only $35 in advance.

A three day pass with parking is only $45 in advance.

If you plan to camp out the camp, you will need to pay $25 in addition to the admission ticket but your parking is included.

Please email me and let me know if you have purchased advance tickets. I need to let Tom know when we have 15 cars registered.

See the ticket sales page here:

http://classicmotorsports.net/mitty-tickets

As you will see, you can buy tickets to do touring laps on all three days.

More info to come soon. Check out the East Coast 510 website for more info.

http://www.eastcoastdatsun510.com

Check out the Mitty website too.

http://classicmotorsports.net/events/mitty-2010

Check out the Road Atlanta website too.

http://www.roadatlanta.com

Only 105 more days until The Mitty

See you all there.

David

• 3 weeks later...

Ok you said there is a show also.....so how does this work?....Do we just find a spot and park...is the car show all 3 days?

Im gonna bring my L320,NL320 and 620

There will be Car Corrals to park in for the clubs. You can park your trucks with us if there is enough room. We will find a place for you.

Mitty Update!

Hi Everybody,

In an effort to help connect people that want to caravan to the event and exchange info, I have set up a forum that you can sign up for and discuss all sorts of topics. The forum is mostly for the Mitty but I am sure it will evolve into something more. I am not trying to replace any current forums or the BB mailing list but I am not able to assist in some of the areas that participants need help with so maybe a forum will be helpful I have never done this before and I don't want to be a babysitter or a referee so please behave and play nice.

You can sign up here:

http://myforum.eastcoastdatsun510.com/SignUp.aspx

Feel free to start new topics but please keep it related to Datsuns and/or the Mitty.

Let me know if you have any questions or need assistance.

Only 83 more days until the Mitty.

David

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

With only about one month left until the Mitty, it is time to get your cars and camping gear ready.

As said before, we will be camping in the Infield Camping Area B.

We just found out that the track will not allow anyone to enter until Thursday at 5PM.

This is not a good entry time as we will need to secure a camping area and get set up in only one hour before the BRE dinner.

Several of use will be there early that day and wait at the gates to get in as early as possible and save a large camping area for the group.

Hopefully, we will get a large enough area for all of us to be together.

I bought some rolls of caution tape and maybe it will help.

See you all in a Month!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everybody,

Well there are only 2 weeks left until the big event. I am getting so excited, I am having trouble sleeping at night. I went and picked up my Brock 510 from its winter storage yesterday. It is now home and I have a few things to do to it to get it ready for the trip. I hope all of you are taking care of your last minute preparations and making sure your camping gear is ready.

I just thought I would remind everyone that we will be camping in the "Infield Camping Area B"

See map here: http://www.roadatlanta.com/PDFs/2008TrackMap.pdf

Also, we are not allowed to get into the track until after 5pm on Thursday.

In case any of you want to hook up with other dimers on the ride down, you can join the discussion on the east coast 510 forum here:

http://myforum.eastcoastdatsun510.com

If you need help or info, I am posting my cell phone number for you. Hopefully everyone will make the trip safely with no mechanical or other issues but if something happens, you can call me and I will try to get you some assistance.

My cell number is 301-651-7788

See you all in 2 weeks.

David

UPDATE:

Hey Everybody,

I just got an email from Tom at Grassroots Motorsports.

Here is the main part of it concerning the car corrals and the parade laps.(see below)

Seems that in order to do the parade laps. the driver needs to sign a waiver in advance.

The times for the parade laps are on Friday and Sunday.

I was hoping that we could get all of the 510s on the track at once for a nice show and photo opp, but it looks like the only way we can do this is to do it Sunday Morning.

I know a lot of you plan to pack up on Sunday and head out early but maybe we could sign up for the 10:00am or 10:20am slot.

I could ask Tom to hold spaces for us if we can do this so I need to hear back from you ASAP if you are willing to participate Sunday Morning.

Lets try to get 30 plus 510s on the track Sunday Morning. This will be a great way to end the weekend.

Please get back to me on this.

Only 13 more Days until The Mitty.

Thanks,

David

Parade Lap Sessions- There will be SIX parade lap sessions over the course of the Mitty weekend. To take part in these sessions, drivers must come to the Classic Motorsports tent at 9:00 a.m. to sign the waiver and receive their parade lap pass. These are issued on a first come, first served basis. Each session is set for 100 cars. Each driver who wishes to participate must be present to sign the waiver. Sessions will take place at the following times-

Friday- 12:00 p.m. and 6:45 p.m.

Saturday- special 12:00 p.m. session for BRE tribute cars. (We may open this up to additional cars based on participation.)

Sunday- 10:00 a.m., 10:20 a.m., and 5:15 p.m.

BRE Tribute cars- BRE Tribute cars (Inspired by or painted like the original BRE racers) should stage Saturday morning at 11:00 a.m. in the parade lap staging area for judging by Peter Brock himself. There will be signage directing cars from the car corral area to the appropriate staging area. Get there on time and greatly increase your chances for face time with Peter and the BRE Team, and don't forget to bring a sharpie if you'd like an autograph. The awards will be given out during the noon BRE ceremonies, followed by a special parade lap session with the authentic BRE cars. Come see me on Thursday or Friday to sign up for this portion of the event. Parade lap tickets that are unassigned by Saturday morning at 9:00 a.m. will be made available to others.

Concours d'LeMons- Club participants are welcomed to participate in the Concours d'LeMons car show at NO EXTRA CHARGE, so if you've got an oddball or under-appreciated car in your group, send them on down to be a part of the fun on Sunday.

Hey Everybody,

I got another email from Tom at Grassroots Motorsports today. I forgot that he is on the Mitty Updates email list I have. Anyway, he read my earlier post and has come up with a great offer for us.

Here is what he wrote:

"Most, if not all, of your group is invited to be part of the BRE tribute car event on Saturday as well. It doesn't have to be a full BRE livery to be considered a tribute.

We want this session in particular to be chock full of Datsuns.

We'll have the most BRE-looking cars to the front, and fill in with other Datsuns (510s, Z cars, Fairlady, et al.) until we get to 100. (minus the official BRE cars, so about 80 open spaces).

This should be a great photo opportunity for Datsun fans!"

So it seems that we will get to be on the track on Saturday.

Saturday- special 12:00 p.m. session for BRE tribute cars. (We may open this up to additional cars based on participation.)

This is fantastic. Wouldn't it be great if John Morton would be driving the #46 Datsun 510 and lead the pack?

So anyway, drivers will need to sign a waiver below and we, the 510 group, will plan to be on the track Saturday at noon. Get with Tom on Friday if possible to sign your waiver and get a parade lap ticket. You don't want to miss this one.

Wow. This is going to be GREAT!

See you all in 13 days.

David

Parade Lap Sessions- There will be SIX parade lap sessions over the course of the Mitty weekend. To take part in these sessions, drivers must come to the Classic Motorsports tent at 9:00 a.m. to sign the waiver and receive their parade lap pass. These are issued on a first come, first served basis. Each session is set for 100 cars. Each driver who wishes to participate must be present to sign the waiver. Sessions will take place at the following times-

Friday- 12:00 p.m. and 6:45 p.m.

Sunday- 10:00 a.m., 10:20 a.m., and 5:15 p.m.

BRE Tribute cars- BRE Tribute cars (Inspired by or painted like the original BRE racers) should stage Saturday morning at 11:00 a.m. in the parade lap staging area for judging by Peter Brock himself. There will be signage directing cars from the car corral area to the appropriate staging area. Get there on time and greatly increase your chances for face time with Peter and the BRE Team, and don't forget to bring a sharpie if you'd like an autograph. The awards will be given out during the noon BRE ceremonies, followed by a special parade lap session with the authentic BRE cars. Come see me on Thursday or Friday to sign up for this portion of the event. Parade lap tickets that are unassigned by Saturday morning at 9:00 a.m. will be made available to others.

Getting ready to head out now. Lou will be here in 5 minutes.

We will be at the Mitty tomorrow afternoon. If you need to reach me, my cell is 301-651-7788

Everyone have a safe trip and I look forward to seeing all of you at the best Datsun Event Ever.

Enjoy The Ride!

• 8 months later...

I finally got around to posting up a bunch of pictures from The Mitty and the BRE Reunion.

See the Mitty Page for those pics.

http://eastcoastdatsun510.com/The_Mitty_.html

They are in no particular order but there are hundreds of them so go enjoy them. If you have more from the event you want me to post, please email them to me.