Datsun Mechanic???

e521620

Hello Everyone,

I have been out here for a while,thank you for a great source of info,pics and idea's. Been working on a '70 Elc, my 1st real restoration, looks "fair" and just about complete( took way to long due to working long hours the past few years) now its time to get my Datsuns running strong, especially with JCCS around the corner and gas prices creeping up there again. Going back to "working long hours" I do not have much time to dial things in, the phone always rings when something is half way apart. Anyone out there a pro at dialing in L16's. I have a early '73 620 all stock (that my pro mechanic friend made it run much worse then when I dropped it off) and a '71 521 modified w/ weber, hard to start ,popping & spitting when revved, assuming its a stock L16 inside. I have not had much luck with Professional mechanics dailing things in correctly on these vintage japanese machines, any suggestions for a reputiable Datsun guy that is not too expensive and close to Lakeside(san diego) Ca??

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im in La mesa & not a mechanic per say but the L motors are very basic & all of my Datsuns have acted up at certain times & with the help of the forum ive gotten them fixed. PM me sometime & maybe i can stop by,, i work in Lakeside BTW so thatll make it easier.

Pacific coast Datsun Thanks for the reply, the 620 is driving around Lakeside, I had been trading use for mecahnical work, but the dual points system has thrown my buddy for a loop. The 521 is in El Cajon right off the 67/Bradley exit, let me know when is a good day....I work alot (too much) and need to schedule everything I do, planning a few days in advance would work best

My 620 is Red and Rust, its been living in eucalyptus hills. I think I have seen your wagon, I live near the brown 521 on river that has only moved once in the past 6 years (when the cops towed it). Tuesday could work, not to sound online forum illiterate, but what does PM stand for?