Wheel/Tire recommendations?

dgi

72 510 2 door.

Drat... 13" tires are getting HARD to find in my area. My 510 has 13" wheels with 2 nearly unused BF Goodrich Comp TAs, and 2 more Comp TAs about half worn out. One of those has a bad cut and a slow leak. Don't feel safe driving on it.

Wouldn't you know, those Comp TAs are no longer available.

So, looking for recommendations for replacment tires, guess I will go for all four.

I hate to have to buy wheels too, since I have three sets of 13s... steelies, Libre clones, and Enkei meshies setting here.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

72 510 2 door.

Drat... 13" tires are getting HARD to find in my area. My 510 has 13" wheels with 2 nearly unused BF Goodrich Comp TAs, and 2 more Comp TAs about half worn out. One of those has a bad cut and a slow leak. Don't feel safe driving on it.

Wouldn't you know, those Comp TAs are no longer available.

So, looking for recommendations for replacment tires, guess I will go for all four.

I hate to have to buy wheels too, since I have three sets of 13s... steelies, Libre clones, and Enkei meshies setting here.

depends on how wide are your wheels, if they are 13x7's or 8's, you may need to flare your car, if they are 13x5.5 or 6's, then you have a couple of choices:)

Currently have 205/60HR13 Comp TAs on it. No fender rubs.

so the 215-50-13 will work perfect, and that size still available around $60 a tire, your going up a size from 205 to 215, and from 60 series to 50 series, it'll be exactly the same diameter and maybe a tad wider if anything:)