My Datsun bit me

Well I just got home from the er for the second time in two days. While I was working on the Datsun a few days ago, I got a piece of metal in my right eye. I figured that it would come out on its own and just ignored it. I was wrong my eye swelled up and I went to the er last night. They numbed up my eye and the doctor stuck a needle in there and got the piece of metal out. Well when I wake up today(I am sleeping during the day cause I'm supposed to work nights) My eye is crusted over and I can't open it. I hop in the shower and get it open, its really swollen and really red, so I got back to the er. This time the doctor says that there is still some stuff in there and that the metal that was in there has rusted and he has to get it out. He numbs my eye and goes in there with a DRILL/GRINDER all while I was awake. Well I don't have to go to work for 4 nights and I got some loritab:) for the pain.

The moral of the story is, make sure you wear safety glasses and if you do get something in your eye, don't ignore it.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first time that I have ever had to have anything removed from my eye, and all I have to say is that it sucked balls. I mean my eye was numb when the drilled it, but I was wide awake and could not only hear the drill but also see my eye twitch as he was drilling/grinding it.

Eek, my whole body just involuntarily cringed. I can deal with anything except eye injuries.

Watching the Saw movies doesn't bother me, but (I think it was in Saw 4) when that guy got a spike in his left eye, I had to leave the room.

Hope your eye gets better man.

Yep, had stuff removed from my eyes twice. Once while working in my shop *and* I was wearing my safety glasses I got a piece of metal in my eye, the second was while riding my motorcycle I got a wood splinter in my eye. Had to get them both removed by the doctor.

Man, watching them come at your eye with tweezers, and watching them pick the stuff out SUCKS. Gives me the heebie jeebies just remembering it.

The one nice thing is they gave me vicodin one of the times, that stuff is great!

Eek, my whole body just involuntarily cringed. I can deal with anything except eye injuries.

Watching the Saw movies doesn't bother me, but (I think it was in Saw 4) when that guy got a spike in his left eye, I had to leave the room.

Hope your eye gets better man.

Nothing really bothers me at all. Though I still cringe a bit when I see that south park episode where they shove food up their ass and crap out of their mouths. that is just plain wrong.

But hey Weaver, this is for you

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Edited by LCDC
Nothing really bothers me at all. Though I still cringe a bit when I see that south park episode where they shove food up their ass and crap out of their mouths. that is just plain wrong.

But hey Weaver, this is for you

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

That was cool

Well I just got home from the er for the second time in two days. While I was working on the Datsun a few days ago, I got a piece of metal in my right eye. I figured that it would come out on its own and just ignored it. I was wrong my eye swelled up and I went to the er last night. They numbed up my eye and the doctor stuck a needle in there and got the piece of metal out. Well when I wake up today(I am sleeping during the day cause I'm supposed to work nights) My eye is crusted over and I can't open it. I hop in the shower and get it open, its really swollen and really red, so I got back to the er. This time the doctor says that there is still some stuff in there and that the metal that was in there has rusted and he has to get it out. He numbs my eye and goes in there with a DRILL/GRINDER all while I was awake. Well I don't have to go to work for 4 nights and I got some loritab:) for the pain.

The moral of the story is, make sure you wear safety glasses and if you do get something in your eye, don't ignore it.

Were you gonna show us a pic of your eye? Especially for Weaver? He'll love it!:D

Were you gonna show us a pic of your eye? Especially for Weaver? He'll love it!:D

I didnt take any pictures of it, and now I've gotta where an eye patch until I go and see the optomologist(sp) on monday. I feel like a friggin pirate, without a parrot. It sucks bad.

I didnt take any pictures of it, and now I've gotta where an eye patch until I go and see the optomologist(sp) on monday. I feel like a friggin pirate, without a parrot. It sucks bad.

well take the eye patch off and take a picture of what it looks like now.:rollseyes:

here is a pic of my eye, its just really red and swollen now. Before I went to the er you could actually see the rust ring in my eye.

1243759589.jpg

Edited by FNLO620