Quick question

Aneab

I've searched quite a bit around... and i'm assuming it would be way too easy to have this work... but...

with the cross member being as it is in the dime... would it be possible to use a frontier oil pan from a KA24DE on a KA from a 240sx to fix the problem with being either rear sump or front sump... I've looked around and searched on more than one forum for the better part of an hour... and haven't found much of an answer...

I'm assuming it wouldn't work... but i've never seen a frontier oilpan...

Any help would be appreciated =) I have a 240sx motor i'm going to be buying soon and would like the info so i can complete this swap asap. If it wont work of course i'll just flip the cross member

~Kyle

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't work. It's WAY easier to flip the crossmember UNLESS you're looking at sway bars, power steering rack and oil pan protection. You CAN modify the oil pump and oil pan to be rear sump, but to be completely honest, I've never seen one done WELL and it's a ton of work to do something that would be easilly avoided by cutting the crossmember twice and rewelding it backwards.

EDIT: PS. Upload some pics of the car!!

It won't work. It's WAY easier to flip the crossmember UNLESS you're looking at sway bars, power steering rack and oil pan protection. You CAN modify the oil pump and oil pan to be rear sump, but to be completely honest, I've never seen one done WELL and it's a ton of work to do something that would be easilly avoided by cutting the crossmember twice and rewelding it backwards.

EDIT: PS. Upload some pics of the car!!

Appreciate the fast response!

Well then I'll be flipping the crossmember, I figured that was the way to go...

As for swaybar, i'm assuming custom would be the only route then due to the sump.

I'll hook up some pics... This car has an interesting story behind how I ended up with it... Clearalbino (a great friend of mine) knows the story since it basically involves all of him... haha... I'll explain with the pictures.