Any upholsterers out there?

Guest DatsuNoob

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

Went to go look at those roadster seats this morning, friggin shithouse!!! Those things were so far gone, I had to pass. Tracks were corroded and frozen, seat backs were stuck, ripped through, etc. So I guess I wont be needing the services of an upholsterer any time soon :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I took a passenger seat apart out of a 89 240sx. I bought a piece of foam to add foam to make the seat more shapely and comfortable. I don't know exactly how to start shaping or what to use to cut it. The bottom is pretty rusted but I'll just paint it and just use this as a first try kinda thing.

I took a passenger seat apart out of a 89 240sx. I bought a piece of foam to add foam to make the seat more shapely and comfortable. I don't know exactly how to start shaping or what to use to cut it. The bottom is pretty rusted but I'll just paint it and just use this as a first try kinda thing.

got any pics of the seat and the foam piece?

lol I usta hand make pieces when we ran out of stock, its pretty easy if you know what your trying to achieve

• 1 month later...

I will have to get some more pics but I think I have a couple hosted of when I was taking it apart.

0310091831.jpg

0310091831a.jpg

I thought I had more. Well that is the seat I am starting with and I got a piece of foam that is like 18x18x4 from the fabric store.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a buddy that does upholstery, he uses a electric carving knife to shape the foam. U can find them at used furnishing stores.