tow her home

CharlieBucket

i just had a eventful night in my 620, and i wanted to vent about it. so i take off around 9pm to go play some poker at a friends house. well halfway there the lights start dimming out and i pull over. i had pulled into a grocery store/gas station and start messing with it. it doesn't come back on and i end up pushing it myself and kick starting. that goes ok, but it keeps dieing and also i am real low on gas. at this point i'm way across the lot and i relize my wife has my debit card. well i eventuelly pass off a check at the grocery and get some cash. more gas and this time a nice guy jumps me off. in the meantime i had run a new wire off the alternator, but i think that may have been my downfall. i get on the road and chug along for a minute and i hear a grinding noise followed by a loss in power. so i shut it off while rolling and go for another kick and it sounded like a grinder on metal. so i roll off the road and end up paying 60 bucks to get it back home. so i guess i lost the poker game!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, that sucks:(. I know the feeling of a Datsun ending its life. I had a '78 longbed 5speed that dropped about 6 valve seats into the pistons:eek:. Tore the head up and the pistons as well. It was a :( day. I also had 5th gear in my 4x4 720 explode at 75mph and leave a trail of oil for a mile or so. I got home in 4th with no tranny oil.

Hope yours isn't too bad a fix. Keep us posted:)