Tree killing with the 720.

HRH

Actually, the tree was already dead from a year ago, so I finally got around to cutting it down section by section to avoid felling it on Brenda's roof or my own.

720tree1.jpg

720tree2.jpg

720tree3.jpg

720tree4.jpg

Pretty fun, had to pull at an angle so as not to squash the truck or house. Before I cut the bottom of the limb, I was pulling the rear end of Grace off the ground! :D

So then what to do? Stacked all the wood according to size, trimmed 3/4" all away around the front fenders, and installed new shocks in the rear. After that it was off to the ORV park, and the Hankook RT03s work fing great! And wouldn't you know it, the SMALLEST puddle I went in had some vicious ruts by somebody with lots of power and tall tires, because I went in and dropped the truck on the bottom. Just dropped off and ran out of ground. I don't have a picture, but this similution pretty much says it all. I remember because I crawled out the slider window into the bed, and then jumped to the bank.

So then I walked halfway around the park, finally found some guys on motorcycles who had a truck to pull me out, then by the time I'd gotten back there, a couple kids in a Chevy (yes, I know) came around and graciously pulled me out, reminding me that I was pulled out by a Chevy. Hehe. Still, awefully nice of them.

Thanks to the cab holes in the front of the truck, the cab got filled with water, but only a little past the bottom of the doors. All in all, pretty fun, and aside from the one stuck, Gracie goes just about anywhere. I even made it through some deep-ass trenches with water over the hood and some Jeep guys watching like holy crap!

mudreplica.jpg

Edited by HRH
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic