72 620 NEWB suspension question

Mydime

Hey guys, I could use a little help if anyone can. I have collected a bunch of parts an am now ready to move forward a little at a time. Most recently just finished the CA18ET rebuild which will be going in. I would like to take care of any modifications that may be needed while there is no motor in it.

My question is can I ditch the torsion bars up front in favor of coilovers?

If so, has anyone here done this?

What spring rate, and shock length would I be looking at?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Glen

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was reading the forum and about the only thing I could find was Finelines truck, which I could only get the spring part number off of the pic.

That is a 300 lbs spring part# from QA1

Toxic shocks lists their front shocks for a "lowered" truck as being:

Extended: 13.35"

Collapesed: 9.01"

Any input on this info would be great. I guess logic of deduction would lead me to beleive that the above specs are what I should follow in purchasing a set of coil overs for my 72 620.

So I re read the description on the toxic shocks and those previous specs are for a 2" lowering job.

Mine is lowered at least 4". So I beleive that I will need something shorter than what they list.

Would I look for something that is 2" less than the specs that Toxic Shocks posts?

QA1 http://qa1.thomasnet.com/viewitems/sports-street-rods-shock-absorbers-shock-absorbers/ultra-ride-174-adjustable-coil-over-shocks?&plpver=1001&forward=1

Part# UR3855B Bearing Compressed:8 5/8 Inch Extended: 11 1/8 Inch Recomended Ride Height: 9 3/4 in. - 10 1/4 in. $189.95

These are kinda what I was looking at getting, anyone have any opinions on these?

Thanks,

Glen

Edited by Mydime