Webber 32/36 problem

I’ve fitted a manual choke 32/36 Webber to my 1.4 1992 gr but it will only start with the choke fully closed and will stay started if left but giving it throttle whilst the choke is closed just bogs it out , I’ve fully stripped it , checked all jets , checked for vacuum leaks and tried messing with the air mixture screw , if I start it with the choke open it revs high by its self (around 3-4k) and then cuts out after a few seconds , when I cover the carb with a scrunched up rag (like a temporary filter) I can manage to keep it running and give it a little throttle but it runs extremely rough and as soon as I take the rag off it just revs high like mentioned and then cuts out I asked on Peugeot 205

groups on Facebook but not had any good replies , I have seen there’s quite a few knowledgeable people in here that might be able to help me out, has anyone got any ideas on why it’s doing this or what to check ? ( I’m 17 and new to cars)

IMG_3634.jpeg

IMG_3633.jpeg

IMG_3632.jpeg

IMG_3630.jpeg

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images