For those that were ever curious...

RacnJsn95

If a modern chevy LS style engine could fit into the engine compartment of a 620 without hacking the hell out of it...

111508005.jpg

111508006.jpg

111508007.jpg

111508008.jpg

I think it looks like it wouldn't be too bad getting one in there... I think no matter what transmission you stick in there though, you're gonna have to make the tunnel bigger. Looks like the engine could bolt in with some mounts made off the stock mount location on the block and bolt to the stock 620 engine mounts pretty easily! I may pursue this in the future.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a 1976 datsun 620 with chev 350 350 trans didnt have to chop to much out of the firewall just had to make custom headers and trim the tunnel back a little the chev drivline fit right over the yoke on the rear end welded up ,the corvettes have a front mount to the motor and i made the same bracket for the front mount and the side mounts were easy just shave the old ones mount motor and weld in or bolt new motor mounts ,