79 Datsun 620 Re Introducing Myself

Dat620 77'

Finally after 6 and a half years i found another Datsun 620 King cab for the right price and condition Now there is a little story behind this find originally i had a  85 supra that was very clean and only one in my town at least that i ended up selling when i found this truck. I called the guy up about the truck and said he was firm on 1200 bucks and wouldn't budge so i got ride of the supra for super cheap and got the money to get the truck. Called the guy back and he said he would hold the truck for me drove by where the truck was parked and it wasn't sitting where it was at. Went to meet the guy the next morning and first thing out of his mouth was where is the truck and i was like idk i thought you put it away because you were holding it for me come to find out the truck was stolen so here i am sitting wondering wtf i am going to do because i got rid of my only form of transportation for this Datsun ive been looking for for years. Anyhow the guy owns a towing company and was on his way to get a rig in hermiston and passed the damn Datsun on the highway couldn't get the tow truck turned around in time so called the cops and they got the guy pulled over i guess it was completely loaded up with shit like the guy was headed for the hills or something. The guys was some old white guys strung out on meth they even found meth in the Datsun.... Anyhow so instead of towing the car he originally went over to get he ended up bringing the datsun back after the cops were done with it. I took my lunch and talked the guy down to 1000 buck for the truck and now i am a Official owner of a 79 datsun 620 king cab. I did find the previous owner of the truck that did all the work to it found out he motor has been rebuilt it has a A87 SSS head with intake on the head ported and the intake was ported as well along with where the butterfly's on  the carb was ported as well had some cam work done this guy only used this truck to go gold mining in other then that it wasn't drove that often. It has 4x4 spring under the rear has been desmogged has new alt battery starter outer tie rod on passenger side fresh oil change new brakes all the way around new brake master cylinder. Also learned from the previous owner that this truck was originally an auto and he put a 4 speed in it well now it has a 5 speed that was swapped in my the owner i got it from. Only thing damaged was the top steering column cover when it was stolen and that piece was no where to be found. Reason it was able to be stolen is because who i bought the truck from his kid broke the key off in the ignition when they first got it and didn't think you could get the ignition anymore. What i have done so far to the truck is basic tune up plugs wires cap rotor ripped the hideous rear bumper off ran sea foam through the motor degreased the engine bay that wasn't that dirty to begin with tuned the carb the truck ran like shit when i got it and replaced the ignition.This is going to be a driving DD project wanting to either KA or SR swap in the future and do bee bani rear disc swap maybe upgrade fronts with beebani's 300zx brake swap as well. 

First Day I Saw it

20150822_073801.jpg

Got Her Home

IMG_20150824_175257.jpg

Washed Her Took Rear Bumper Off At The Car Wash LOL

IMG_20150824_202758.jpg

Good Old Datsun Love

IMG_20150828_071727.jpg

Washed At Work

20150904_111855.jpg

Straight Truck has surface rust and some Rust on Corner of doors and Fenders

20150904_111903.jpg