headers a series

PinoyDat210

I'm looking for a cheaper alternative for a header. I was wondering since the datsun a-sries head was designed of the austin engine. Theirs a pace setter 4 to 1 header for $134, could that be retrofitted to work. I see that the bolt pattern is different but aren't the port openings in the same position? Let me know just an idea

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see the datsun design was meant to be an improvement. But the port patterns are almost identical, check out the mg midget pacesetter 4 to1 header. Wouldn't it come down to the dimensions of the cylinder head( where the ports line up in contrast), and being able to clear the steering knuckle and engine mount? It's a far fetched idea but a very interesting one. If the ports lined up pretty identical wouldn't I be able to cut and weld a mounting flange to the mg midget header to make it fit my a14? It uses 1.25 primaries to a 2" test pipe, which it would seem to yield flow gains in comparison to the stock exhaust manifold. I've seen people use existing collectors with a welded flange in the same way, this just seems like a potentially cheaper better fitting route